Senior Software Engineer in Test, Android
Venmo, San Francisco, CA
Simple and fun way to send and receive money between friends
Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the intimidating barriers around financial transactions to make them intuitive, friendly, and even fun. And it worked: people love sending money with Venmo, and we’re growing by leaps and bounds!
But we’re only just getting started. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place where people use money. That means connecting people to their money in the most intuitive and fun way possible, then connecting people with each other. Users already love Venmo, but we know there are lots of things we haven’t thought of to make the experience of using Venmo even more delightful and valuable. All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together!
Engineering at Venmo
At Venmo, we are creating a product that people love. We strive to create a delightful user experience while connecting the world and empowering people through payments. We are looking for intellectually curious people who want to be inspired and inspire others to change the world.
Engineering is a craft, and at Venmo we want the internals of our software to be as elegant as the end user experience we are designing. We spend our days scaling our infrastructure and building new features to meet and exceed our user’s needs and wants. We teach and learn from one another, and push each other to be at our creative and analytical bests.
Test Engineering at Venmo
The Test Platform Engineering team is responsible for test infrastructure/frameworks and developer tools for Venmo Engineering and Product. As a Senior Software Engineer in Test, you will build frameworks, tools and libraries that help our Android mobile engineers iterate with speed and quality..
What You’ll Do
- Introduce libraries and frameworks to improve our client development and testing experience.
- Help improve our CI/CD infrastructure for mobile codebase for speed, quality and reliability.
- Partner with product engineers to make architectural trade-offs applying synchronous and asynchronous design patterns, write great code, and iterate as fast as needed.
- Identify, leverage, and successfully seize opportunities to improve engineering productivity.
- Implement monitoring and alerting tools that can keep track of both system-level and business-level performance.
What We’re Looking For
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, related technical discipline, or relevant practical experience.
- 4+ years experience programming experience in Java, Kotlin and Python..
- Experience in designing and building test infrastructure, developer tools and web services at large scale on the Android platform.
- Technical knowledge and experience with mobile application development.
How to Really Get Our Attention
- BS + 5 years of relevant work experience, MS + 3 years of relevant work experience, or PhD + 2 years of relevant work experience.
- 5+ years experience in software design, development, and algorithm related solutions.
- Strong object-oriented skills including design, coding, and testing patterns
Venmo was founded in 2009 by two former college roommates who wanted a better way to pay each other back. What started off as a simple SMS platform to send and receive money has evolved into a social payments app allowing people to split bills, pay each other back for rent, and make purchases at approved merchants - all the while making these life stories more fun and less awkward. Venmo is owned by PayPal.
At Venmo, we're working to build a payment experience that's simple, delightful, and connected. Fueled by an abundance of snacks, locally sourced cold brew, and each other, our team solves exciting new challenges every day. Venmo's mission is to change people's relationships with money and each other. And it's working - people love using Venmo but we're not done yet. We want the magic of sending money with Venmo to be in every place you use it. There's still much more to do!
Want to learn more about Venmo? Visit Venmo's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Atlas Data Lake
MongoDB, New York City
Quality Assurance Engineer (Part-Time)
Operations Engineer, Fundraising Tech
Wikimedia, San Francisco, CA or Remote
Software Engineer, Core Platform Reliability (Senior/Staff)
Okta, San Francisco, CA
Senior Data Engineer, Ingestion
Komodo Health, New York
Senior UX Designer