Product Manager, Business / Core
Venmo, San Francisco, CA
Simple and fun way to send and receive money between friends
Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the intimidating barriers around financial transactions to make them intuitive, friendly, and even fun. And it worked: people love sending money with Venmo, and we’re growing by leaps and bounds!
But we’re only just getting started. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place where people use money. That means connecting people to their money in the most intuitive and fun way possible, then connecting people with each other. Users already love Venmo, but we know there are lots of things we haven’t thought of to make the experience of using Venmo even more delightful and valuable. All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together!
Product at Venmo
At Venmo, we are creating a product that people love. We strive to create a delightful user experience while connecting the world and empowering people through payments. We are looking for intellectually curious people who want to be inspired and inspire others to change the world.
As a product manager with Venmo you will be part of the Product Development team where you will work closely with designers and engineers to help our users make simple, delightful, and connected payments.
We spend our days advancing Venmo’s mobile payments platform to exceed our users’ wants and needs, including those they haven’t yet articulated. We are data-driven by nature and guided by human-centered design principles. We learn from one another and push each other to be at our creative and analytical bests. We're never completely done.
Product Manager, Business / Core Team
Venmo has millions of customers and we want to make that experience better every day.
We want you to be the tactical driver of the Core Product team by helping us perfect the customer experience by building what is right for our customers that increases revenues, decreases costs and keeps us in compliance. We need a roll up the sleeves product manager who has a keen interest in the business and tactically executing on key drivers all rooted in a great customer experience.
Your day will be filled with executing the roadmap and addressing all the product opportunities that come up on a weekly basis. Because we are a payments company, this team will also work with legal and compliance to keep our customers safe and secure.
On day one, you will be an individual contributor paired with a Senior product manager and will help define and execute the product strategy.
If you get excited by the following types of problems, then the Business / Core team will be an exceptional place for you.
- How do we grow Instant Transfer revenue?
- What are our customers willing to pay for?
- How do we balance legal requirements while making the customer experience intuitive?
What You’ll Do
- Help shape the roadmap and execute it
- Identify opportunities that grow the revenue, cut costs and broadly support the Venmo business
- Own writing requirements, acceptance criteria, and drawing UML diagrams for all the products you ship
- Work with stakeholders internally at Venmo and across PayPal along with 3rd party partners
- Understand the impact of each new feature and be able to articulate the value relative to customer experience vs opportunity cost
- Prioritize and plan the backlog to align the work for future sprints
- Lead and motivate a cross-functional group of people that includes design, copy, data, and engineering
What We’re Looking For
- Minimum 2 years as a Product Manager
- Know how to layout a roadmap and show the trade-offs
- Deep analytical experience with the ability to hypothesize business value from potential feature sets
- Exceptionally good at writing and laying out a product strategy deck
- Very strong verbal communication and presentation skills; sufficient poise to successfully interact with all levels of an organization, cross-functional partners, and customers
- Highly detailed oriented and can present your findings in a well-articulated manner
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and still hit core responsibilities and key deadlines
- Certified Scrum Product Owner or Scrum Master
- Former Agile Project Manager
- Enjoy setting up efficient product processes
- Worked on products that have lots of legal and compliance requirements
- Experience with Amplitude & Looker
- Worked at a startup that reached 500K customers or you have built consumer-facing products in market from scratch for a large company
Venmo was founded in 2009 by two former college roommates who wanted a better way to pay each other back. What started off as a simple SMS platform to send and receive money has evolved into a social payments app allowing people to split bills, pay each other back for rent, and make purchases at approved merchants - all the while making these life stories more fun and less awkward. Venmo is owned by PayPal.
At Venmo, we're working to build a payment experience that's simple, delightful, and connected. Fueled by an abundance of snacks, locally sourced cold brew, and each other, our team solves exciting new challenges every day. Venmo's mission is to change people's relationships with money and each other. And it's working - people love using Venmo but we're not done yet. We want the magic of sending money with Venmo to be in every place you use it. There's still much more to do!
Want to learn more about Venmo? Visit Venmo's website.
Jobs You May Like
Zentail, Columbia, MD
Lead Product Content Strategist
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
Product Strategy and Operations: Category Manager
Thumbtack, San Francisco
Instacart, Toronto, Ontario Canada
Product Manager - Visualise
User Experience Director