Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the intimidating barriers around financial transactions to make them intuitive, friendly, and even fun. And it worked: people love sending money with Venmo, and we’re growing by leaps and bounds!
But we’re only just getting started. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place where people use money. That means connecting people to their money in the most intuitive and fun way possible, then connecting people with each other. Users already love Venmo, but we know there are lots of things we haven’t thought of to make the experience of using Venmo even more delightful and valuable. All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together!
Engineering at Venmo
Work on a cutting edge app that is used by millions that people love. At Venmo, we are looking for engineers who want to be inspired and inspire others to change the world of payments.
Engineering is a craft, and at Venmo we want the internals of our software to be as elegant as the end user experience we are designing. We teach and learn from one another, and push each other to be at our creative and analytical bests. We work with a product team that is data-driven and human-centered in its design principles.
We’re looking for an iOS Engineer who will be responsible for making engineering design decisions and developing features pertaining to the iOS application. You will also be expected to be a role model on coding standards, tools, platforms and other best practices for the backend team.
What You’ll Do
- Advance technical standards and quality
- Collaborate with other engineers in API design and development
- Help solve bugs, track software defects, and ensure their timely resolution
- Build solutions for refactoring the existing codebase
- Improve our testing & tooling
- Interface with product and other functional teams and their leadership
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related field of study
- 7+ years experience in software development or a related field
- Experience working in Swift, Objective-C and strong object-oriented programming skills
- Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Familiarity with iOS UI design principles and accessibility best practices
- Experience developing, maintaining and innovating large scale, consumer-facing mobile applications
- Strong communication skills with the ability to understand and explain technical issues to a non-technical audience
Venmo was founded in 2009 by two former college roommates who wanted a better way to pay each other back. What started off as a simple SMS platform to send and receive money has evolved into a social payments app allowing people to split bills, pay each other back for rent, and make purchases at approved merchants - all the while making these life stories more fun and less awkward. Venmo is owned by PayPal.
At Venmo, we're working to build a payment experience that's simple, delightful, and connected. Fueled by an abundance of snacks, locally sourced cold brew, and each other, our team solves exciting new challenges every day. Venmo's mission is to change people's relationships with money and each other. And it's working - people love using Venmo but we're not done yet. We want the magic of sending money with Venmo to be in every place you use it. There's still much more to do!
Want to learn more about Venmo? Visit Venmo's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer, iOS
MyFitnessPal, San Francisco, CA
Staff SW Engineer - Payment Systems Risk
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Box, New York, NY
DevOps Engineer, Systems
Airbnb, Singapore, Singapore
Data Team Lead
The Voleon Group, Berkeley
Customer Success Manager
Cloudflare, New York, NY