Agile Transformation Leader
Venmo, San Francisco, CA; New York, NY; Chicago, IL or Newton, MA
Simple and fun way to send and receive money between friends
Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the intimidating barriers around financial transactions to make them intuitive, friendly, and even fun. And it worked: people love sending money with Venmo, and we’re growing by leaps and bounds!
But we’re only just getting started. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place where people use money. That means connecting people to their money in the most intuitive and fun way possible, then connecting people with each other. Users already love Venmo, but we know there are lots of things we haven’t thought of to make the experience of using Venmo even more delightful and valuable. All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together!
Engineering at Venmo
At Venmo, we are creating a product that people love. We strive to create a delightful user experience while connecting the world and empowering people through payments. We are looking for intellectually curious people who want to be inspired and inspire others to change the world.
Engineering is a craft, and at Venmo we want the internals of our software to be as elegant as the end user experience we are designing. We spend our days scaling our infrastructure and building new features to meet and exceed our user’s needs and wants. We teach and learn from one another, and push each other to be at our creative and analytical bests.
Enterprise Agility Leader
As our Enterprise Agility Leader, you will work directly with the Head of Venmo Delivery to drive our adoption of agile methodologies, leading us on our journey towards faster product development and iteration. You will own the agile process end to end, including stakeholder management, training, KPIs and reporting. You will also drive building a metrics driven approach to agile, ensuring the right metrics and reporting are in place to ensure we stay on track and continuously improve. Finally, you will guide agile for Venmo, identifying and modifying the approach to best fit Venmo and our business.
What You’ll Do
- Own Agile development transformation for Venmo, continuing our journey
- Drive PI Planning for all of Venmo ensuring successful outcomes and continued maturation quarter over quarter
- Roll out the full Venmo agile operating model to organizations across Venmo
- Build metrics driven approach to agile using data to drive discussions and decisions
- Develop and drive training for both SAFe and agile best practices including training the trainers across teams
- Continuously audit and obsessively monitor process metrics and identify gaps early
- Be the Agile champion and lead advocate
- Partner with engineering teams to understand the impacts of CI/CD on agile methodologies
- Partner with our product team and portfolio manager to ensure Prioritized Portfolio is managed and maintained
- Act as an Agile Coach partnering with teams directly to improve agile practices
- Help build the Agile Coach role to ensure teams are maturing
What We’re Looking For
- 3-4 years of Agile transformation experience, including leading teams through the transformation
- 6-7 years of Program Management job family including Project and Program Management and scrum master roles
- Extensive experience with agile methodologies including SAFe
- Experience leveraging data to drive agile development including planning data inputs across teams, building metrics, dashboards and reporting and training all stakeholders on the tool
- Experience training teams and gaining buy in with all team members
- Deep experience in executive stakeholder management to ensure buy in across all levels and organizations
- Experience working with JIRA Align (aka AgileCraft)
Venmo was founded in 2009 by two former college roommates who wanted a better way to pay each other back. What started off as a simple SMS platform to send and receive money has evolved into a social payments app allowing people to split bills, pay each other back for rent, and make purchases at approved merchants - all the while making these life stories more fun and less awkward. Venmo is owned by PayPal.
At Venmo, we're working to build a payment experience that's simple, delightful, and connected. Fueled by an abundance of snacks, locally sourced cold brew, and each other, our team solves exciting new challenges every day. Venmo's mission is to change people's relationships with money and each other. And it's working - people love using Venmo but we're not done yet. We want the magic of sending money with Venmo to be in every place you use it. There's still much more to do!