Technical Sourcer (Contract)
Venmo, Chicago, San Francisco
Simple and fun way to send and receive money between friends
Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the intimidating barriers around financial transactions to make them intuitive, friendly, and even fun. And it worked: people love sending money with Venmo, and we’re growing by leaps and bounds!
But we’re only just getting started. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place where people use money. That means connecting people to their money in the most intuitive and fun way possible, then connecting people with each other. Users already love Venmo, but we know there are lots of things we haven’t thought of to make the experience of using Venmo even more delightful and valuable. All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together!
About the role
You are an independent, flexible and motivated Talent Sourcer who loves the challenge of finding extraordinary talent and turning them into hires. You are passionate about building an organization and never settling for anything but the best.
Recruiting quality talent requires hard work, knowledge, strategy, patience and at times, a little bit of luck. You understand a broad range of issues across the PayPal culture and the high-tech industry, as well as the details of what drives each unique individual candidate.
As a Talent Sourcer, you will be working closely with multiple Recruiters, identifying passive and active candidates for PayPal and Venmo’s positions. These positions may include any of our technical and non-technical Business Units. Further, you will drive lead generating initiatives amongst the team to spur creativity and continuous high-caliber candidate flow.
- Collaborate with Recruiter and hiring manager to understand agreements regarding overall expectations, timeframes, candidate pool quality and quantity and frequency of updates
- Extensive knowledge and usage of sourcing/search tools, which includes a variety of recruiting resources including Workday ATS, social media, research, cold-calling, internal searches, meet and greets and networking with community groups
- Extensive experience aggressively sourcing top talent, primarily within various technical skill sets
- Facilitate Internal Diversity Roundtables to implement and support business engagement and seek solutions related to recruitment process and initiatives
- Provide industry foresight by recommending and implementing best practices and bringing innovative ideas to the organization. Educate recruiters and hiring managers on diversity trends, best practices, and issues
- Continuously add to an established network of contacts and a strong understanding of the community within the technical space
- Manage effort to create value proposition for expanding Diversity Recruitment nationally
- Build relationships with key senior level managers, Diversity and Inclusion, and Human Resource Consultants to align initiatives, resources, processes, and tools to ensure internal talent is identified for current and future roles
- Ability to juggle multiple requisitions at one time
- Manages applicant tracking system, with high expertise in Workday, maintaining accurate candidate documentation to ensure legal compliance with employment practices, policies, procedures, and OFCCP regulations
- Ensures compliance for EE0/Diversity Programs
- Uses effective communication approaches that include proactively keeping the recruiter informed, appropriately expressing ideas and thoughts verbally in written form and timeliness
- Partners with multiple PayPal-specific BUs and business partners to drive new talent/candidate/diversity initiatives, processes, procedures and the tracking of such efforts, reporting results back to management for review and further implementation
Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5-7 years of experience in HR, recruiting or staffing
- At least 5-7 years of social networking experience using sourcing/networking tools, such as LinkedIn.
- Experience in developing social media sourcing strategies
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization & in the business community
- Experience developing strategic initiatives, which align with business goals and budget
- A successful record of accomplishment against quotas, deadlines, and meeting recruiting goals
- Self-starter with an incredible work ethic and team-first mentality
- Strong organizational skills and high level of attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. Can think fast and use good judgment
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Extensive Technical Sourcing experience
- Solid knowledge of organizational design and structures
- Strong Project Management skills
Venmo was founded in 2009 by two former college roommates who wanted a better way to pay each other back. What started off as a simple SMS platform to send and receive money has evolved into a social payments app allowing people to split bills, pay each other back for rent, and make purchases at approved merchants - all the while making these life stories more fun and less awkward. Venmo is owned by PayPal.
At Venmo, we're working to build a payment experience that's simple, delightful, and connected. Fueled by an abundance of snacks, locally sourced cold brew, and each other, our team solves exciting new challenges every day. Venmo's mission is to change people's relationships with money and each other. And it's working - people love using Venmo but we're not done yet. We want the magic of sending money with Venmo to be in every place you use it. There's still much more to do!
Want to learn more about Venmo? Visit Venmo's website.
Jobs You May Like
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Director, Learning and Organizational Development
People Team Business Partner
Cloudflare, San Francisco, CA
Zumper, San Francisco, CA
BlueVine, Redwood City, CA