We all love what we do, and we all love doing it together, because we demand the best people to make the best Venmo.
Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the foreboding walls of financial transactions to make them intuitive and even fun with friends. And it worked, people love sending money with Venmo.
But we’re not done. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place you use your money. We want to connect the people of the world with their money, in an intuitive way, then connect them with each other in a genuine way.
All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together.
Engineering at Venmo
At Venmo, we are creating a product that people love. We strive to create a delightful user experience while connecting the world and empowering people through payments. We are looking for intellectually curious people who want to be inspired and inspire others to change the world.
Engineering is a craft, and at Venmo we want the internals of our software to be as elegant as the end user experience we are designing. We spend our days scaling our infrastructure and building new features to meet and exceed our user’s needs and wants. We teach and learn from one another, and push each other to be at our creative and analytical bests.
Android at Venmo
Venmo is seeking passionate mobile engineers who will work closely with our product and design partners to build new features and iterate and test new ideas on Android platform.
We are a small team that values ego-free code reviews, passionate about code quality and always searching for new, better ways to get things done and improve our app as well continuous integration set up to test our pull requests, deliver nightly builds and run regressions.
Finally, we value our casual work-hard/play-hard office culture and make ample use of our gaming areas, board game collection and kitchen stocked with snacks.
Your primary responsibilities will be delivering new features while keeping the quality and security of the app in mind, reacting to customer feedback & internal user testing, working closely with our product and design team to prototype new experiences and helping expand our app’s reach however possible.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Implement new features and bug fixes for our Android app.
- Follow and promote security best practices
- Implement & iterate with our design and product teams in an agile environment to bring features from conception to launch.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and shared knowledge.
- Contribute to our existing continuous integration framework by automating features as we go.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelors and/or Masters in computer science OR related filed of study
- 4+ years experience in software development or a related field
- Experience mentoring and developing software engineers
- Strong communication skills with the ability to understand and explain technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Android and Java experience, including a deep understanding of the Android SDK
- Intimate knowledge of common design patterns, algorithms, and object-oriented programming
- Experience leading the development through the full Android development lifecycle
Venmo is a mobile payment service owned by PayPal. It allows users to transfer money between one another using a mobile phone app or web interface. Venmo currently has around 203 million active users.
Want to learn more about Venmo? Visit https://venmo.com/
Jobs You May Like
QA Engineer (Contract)
PlayStation, Los Angeles
Lead Software Engineer, Android
MyFitnessPal, Austin, TX
Senior Front-End Engineer (Chicago)
Trunk Club, Chicago, IL
Senior Android Engineer
Wealthfront, Redwood City, CA
Lead Software Engineer - Backend
Betterment, Betterment HQ - New York City
Software Engineer - Android
Fitbit, US - San Francisco