Customer Support Specialist
Simple and fun way to send and receive money between friends
At Venmo, we build products that make payments easy. Our payments are so easy that they fade into the background and make entirely new kinds of interactions possible. From splitting rent with roommates to paying a friend to say “thank you”, the stories and experiences of our users’ payments are highlighted and shared in our social feed.
We’re looking for a customer service expert who doesn’t require a script to help our customers send and receive payments. Someone who can delight with promptness, thoroughness, accuracy and maybe an occasional pun or two. We want our customers to rave about their customer service experience like they already rave about our app.
- Provide world class customer service.
- Field support calls, chat, and emails from users about our product offerings.
- Try all avenues to solve a customer's issue, but if you can't, explain the why with an empathetic ear
- Educate our customers on how to use Venmo to send and receive payments
- Work to continuously learn about the payments industry in hopes of quickly becoming an expert
- Proactively look for ways to improve internal processes
- Team player - we win as a team.
- Enjoys being on the phone interacting with customers
- Must be a self-starter and self-learner
- Someone who is routinely the Tech Support hotline for his/her family and friends
- 2+ years experience in a role that put you in direct contact with consumers
- Someone who enjoys a fast paced yet fun working environment
- Comfortable with a flexible work schedule working nights, weekends and holidays
- Willingness to work hard and have fun doing it!
Venmo is a mobile payment service owned by PayPal. It allows users to transfer money between one another using a mobile phone app or web interface. Venmo currently has around 203 million active users.