WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR . . .
Versus Systems is seeking an accounting wiz to perform daily tasks, account analyses, and year- and month-end closing activities while overseeing and analyzing our cash accounts, reconciling from bank statements to general ledger. You’ll report to the Controller and regularly present your findings to other relevant parties in the course of business.
As our Staff Accountant you’ll be our go-to for reporting, documenting, and calculating our financial flow. This role comes with ample room for growth. As a member of our growing finance team, there will be space to create processes, reporting structures, and assist with plotting our best path forward as we scale. You’ll work alongside our Business Development and Accounts teams while also being a source of information for navigating our recently-acquired Nasdaq listing.
We are a small, collaborative team dedicated to making content more fun. Every person contributes to the overall process and roadmap of Versus. Our approach is highly cooperative and influenced by continuous problem-solving with a commitment to making things better every day.
YOU WILL HAVE . . .
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business, or equivalent, accounting-specific work experience
- Designation as a Certified Public Accountant (C.P.A.)
- 5+ years of experience in accounting
- High attention to detail and demonstrated skill with volumes of financial and numeric data
- Strong Excel experience and a familiarity with business solutions software
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with equally strong interpersonal skills
- 2+ years as an accountant at a publicly-traded company (preferably with a Nasdaq listing) with a working knowledge of reporting requirements
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and competing deadlines
HOW YOU’LL SPEND YOUR DAY . . .
- Performing month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations for various balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Conducting financial statement analyses and documenting meaningful explanations for fluctuations
- Implementing corporate accounting policies and procedures with particular focus on revenue recognition and cash management
- Assisting with financial reporting as required for Board meetings and other investor-related requests
- Participating in the creation and implementation of new accounting systems and processes improvement initiatives
- Playing an integral role in the continued development, implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the Company’s financial accounting systems
- Working on multiple complex projects while owning the process from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Participate in quarterly reviews and annual year-end audit, including preparing audit schedules, gathering documents, and answering audit questions.
- Manage revenue recognition and deferred revenue accounting for software licensing contracts
WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE . . .
- Someone excited to see how far they can make this role grow; we’re doing big things and would love for you to play a big part in what helps us realize our goals
Versus makes experiences more fun - not once, but over and over. We made a commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion from Day 1, and continue relying upon empathy for our colleagues and our partners coupled with the curiosity to explore and learn new things.
We offer competitive salaries, equity packages, medical, dental, vision, 401K matching, flexible hours, paid maternity and paternity leave, and unlimited paid vacation time that we encourage you to actually take.
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Healthcare and benefits
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Remote work
- Flexible work day schedule
- Matched 401(K)
About Versus Systems
About us Versus is a financial technology platform that allows video game publishers and developers to offer prize-based matches of their games. Backed by Originate Labs and the law firm of Manatt Phelps & Philips, the Versus platform allows players to compete in matches and tournaments of their favorite PC games to win digital goods, physical goods, and real-money. Versus is dedicated to giving gamers the opportunity to win money and prizes playing skill-based games in a safe, legal environment. Versus trades on the Canadian Securities Exchange under the ticker symbol VS.
Want to learn more about Versus Systems? Visit Versus Systems's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.