WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR . . .
Versus is looking for an iOS developer to help us change the gaming industry. You’ll work with our game development partners to build, integrate, and customize the Versus in-game prizing platform. The Versus platform is a custom white-label solution allowing game developers and brand partners to offer unique, prize-based matches to their players. Playing games for real prizes will change how video games are played - and you’re going to help us do it.
We're a fast-growing team with a strong product focus. We value collaboration and creativity - every single engineer, product designer, and member of our team contributes to the roadmap of the company.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING . . .
As an integration engineer you will become an expert in our technology and a go-to resource for internal teams and Versus’ partners. You’ll work alongside our development partners to integrate Versus directly into their games. As an engineer working on custom integrations you will help define the future vision for developer focused tools, SDKs, libraries, and/or plugins to integrate Versus in to the games of our partners.
This is an amazing opportunity for anyone who loves working on games and gets excited about being on the bleeding edge of prize-based gaming. Your work will help our partners leverage Versus to maximize player engagement and make their games more fun.
WE NEED . . .
- Strong programming, architecture, and development skills
- 3+ years professional experience with Swift development
- Willingness to learn new and exciting things
- A strong understanding of asynchronous and event based programming
- Autonomy and self motivation with a ‘get it done’ attitude
- A knowledge of how to build 2D UI systems in Unity uGUI or NGUI, Unreal UMG or similar
- An excitement to help, teach, and mentor those around you
- Great communication and teamwork skills and experience collaborating with other developers via version control and bug tracking
- Experience and understanding of RESTful APIs
WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE . . .
- Experience with multiple programming languages, especially Swift and Objective-C
- Good understanding and overlay of Cocoa frameworks and libraries
- Experience working on building game servers and real-time multi-player systems
- Understanding of OpenGL ES
- Experience with unit and integration testing
- Enthusiasm for documentation, both internal and external
- Experience bringing product(s) to market, and working to deliver the best possible version in accordance with customer feedback and needs
At Versus our mission is to make games more fun - not once, but over and over. We value diversity & inclusion, empathy for our colleagues and our partners, and curiosity to explore and learn new things.
We offer competitive salaries, equity packages, medical, dental, vision, 401(K) matching, flexible hours, paid maternity and paternity leave, and paid vacation time that we encourage you to actually take.
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Healthcare and benefits
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexible work day schedule
- Matched 401(K)
About Versus Systems
About us Versus is a financial technology platform that allows video game publishers and developers to offer prize-based matches of their games. Backed by Originate Labs and the law firm of Manatt Phelps & Philips, the Versus platform allows players to compete in matches and tournaments of their favorite PC games to win digital goods, physical goods, and real-money. Versus is dedicated to giving gamers the opportunity to win money and prizes playing skill-based games in a safe, legal environment. Versus trades on the Canadian Securities Exchange under the ticker symbol VS.
Want to learn more about Versus Systems? Visit Versus Systems's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer - Backend services
Front End Software Engineer
Confluent, Palo Alto
Tech Lead/Software Developer-Healthcare
Fearless, Baltimore - Fearless HQ
Senior Offboard Software Architect (Cloud)
Hyperloop One, Los Angeles
Wish, Toronto, Canada
DevOps Engineer III, API
Accuweather, Headquarters - State College, PA