WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR...
Versus Systems is looking for an engineer to lead the backend development of our web dashboards and applications. We are creating a custom white-label platform that allows game developers and our brand partner to offer unique, prized matches for their players - changing how video games are played while making them more fun to win. Our backend platform is currently built with Ruby - in the process of migrating to Elixir - with React and Redux powering our frontend applications and React Native for our mobile products.
We're a fast-growing team with a strong product focus. We value collaboration and creativity - every single engineer, product designer, and member of our team contributes to the roadmap of the company.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING...
As the Lead engineer for the backend team, you will be responsible for building our secure, scalable platform APIs that will be used to create, manage, and enhance entertainment across a variety of mediums. You’ll have a strong influence on setting guidelines, defining best practices, and ensuring that we deliver the best products possible. This role comes with a definite opportunity for growth and you'll help define where we go and how we grow.
YOU'LL NEED . . .
- 5+ years experience in server side development designing, building, and maintaining APIs using Ruby and/or Elixir
- 2+ years leading a team of engineers - delegating responsibilities, coaching solutions, and being the go-to person for getting things done
- Experience in learning new technologies
- Autonomy and self motivation with a ‘get it done’ attitude.
- An excitement to help, teach, and mentor those around you
- A deep interest in security, scalability, and sustainability
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment across production and staging environments
- Great communication and teamwork skills
WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE . . .
- Experience building highly scalable applications
- Experience building Elixir applications
- A background in functional or reactive programming
At Versus our mission is to make games more fun - not once, but over and over. We value diversity & inclusion, empathy for our colleagues and our partners, and curiosity to explore and learn new things.
We offer competitive salaries, equity packages, medical, dental, vision, 401(K) matching, flexible hours, paid maternity and paternity leave, and paid vacation time that we encourage you to actually take.
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Healthcare and benefits
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexible work day schedule
- Matched 401(K)
About Versus Systems
About us Versus is a financial technology platform that allows video game publishers and developers to offer prize-based matches of their games. Backed by Originate Labs and the law firm of Manatt Phelps & Philips, the Versus platform allows players to compete in matches and tournaments of their favorite PC games to win digital goods, physical goods, and real-money. Versus is dedicated to giving gamers the opportunity to win money and prizes playing skill-based games in a safe, legal environment. Versus trades on the Canadian Securities Exchange under the ticker symbol VS.
Want to learn more about Versus Systems? Visit Versus Systems's website.
Jobs You May Like
Manager, Software Engineering, Breakfix
Hortonworks, Bangalore, India
Senior Web Application Developer
Newsela, New York, NY
Senior Software Engineer
RetailMeNot, London, United Kingdom
Software Engineer, Backend
metromile, San Francisco (Headquarters)
Mobile Application Developer/Android
First Orion Corp., Little Rock, Arkansas