We’re looking for a Full Stack Developer who will take a key role on our team. Our Full Stack developer must have knowledge in all stages of software development with a focus on a pure JS stack.
You’ll be working alongside other engineers and developers, collaborating on the various layers of the infrastructure for our AR platform, advertising platform, and 3D asset management platform.
- Aid in design of our overall architecture for our various software products.
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features.
- Maintain code integrity and organization leaving code in better shape than before.
- Experience working with graphic designers and converting designs to visual elements.
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection.
- Highly experienced with back-end programming languages, NodeJS preferred.
- Development experience for both mobile and desktop.
- Work with non-technical teams as well as technical terms in a solutions oriented manner.
- Maintain and build data pipelines and assist in ad-hoc data reporting requests.
Experience & Skills Requirements
- Solid understanding of CS fundamentals such as data types, inheritance, OO vs. functional programming, control structures, HTTP, etc.
- 2+ years experience working with Node.JS
- Solid understanding of databases, both relational and NoSQL
- 1+ years experience working with React+Redux, HyperApp, Mithril or similar frameworks
- Solid understanding of HTML5, CSS3, layouts and UI/UX
- Experience with 3D and frameworks such as Three.js a plus
- AWS experience a plus
- WebXR, ARKit or ARCore experience a plus
- DevOps and Linux experience a plus (Not afraid to work with CLI and a terminal)
- Ability to communicate clearly to non-technical employees while participating in a friendly, team environment
Benefits & Perks
- Office is a 5-minute walk from the beach.
- Coffee, espresso, La Croix, and lots of snacks!
- Catered lunches delivered twice weekly at no cost to staff.
- Close to Third Street Promenade and downtown Santa Monica Metro Expo Line.
- Bi-weekly happy hour.
About Vertebrae Inc
ABOUT US At Vertebrae, we are building a sustainable VR ecosystem by connecting pioneering brands and agencies with leading VR creators and 360° video publishers. Our native advertising platform is built to leverage the transcendent nature of VR storytelling with a range of fully immersive and interactive ad units. We are hardware agnostic, meaning our platform works in all headsets and on web and mobile. Since our founding, we have been busy. We co-founded the IAB Tech Lab, focused on defining the standards and formats that will shape the VR advertising industry. We have built partnerships with some of the most forward-thinking brands and agencies in the world like Lionsgate, Edelman, and the Dallas Mavericks. We were chosen as one of the most promising VR/AR companies by HTC to participate in their ViveX accelerator program. Our CEO, Vince Cacace was named one of Forbes 30 Under 30 for Marketing & Advertising. We’ve exhibited or spoken at nearly every major VR/Adtech conference this year. We moved to a beautiful new office in downtown Santa Monica with enough space to host VR meetups and hackathons. There is so much more going on behind the scenes but you’ll just have to stay tuned to find out.
Want to learn more about Vertebrae Inc? Visit Vertebrae Inc's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.