We’re looking for a 3D Artist/Generalist who will take a key role on our production team.
You’ll be working alongside account management, product, design, and engineering, collaborating on the various layers of our 3D and AR product.
- Create hard surface and organic models using Maya and Zbrush
- Create physically based textures using Substance Painter and Photoshop
- Optimizing polycounts and texture sizes for optimal AR experiences.
- Take photos of variable objects using Photogrammetry techniques and deriving models and textures using Reality Capture/Agisoft Photoscan
- Take existing 3D assets and optimizing their polycounts/textures
Experience & Skills Requirements
- 2+ years experience in games modeling and texturing.
- Strong understanding of the art pipeline for game development
- Experience using Photogrammetry pipeline and techniques required to create AAA assets.
- Strong modeling skills - able to generate clean and efficient models at a fast pace
- Strong artistic ability to visualize final products with sometimes minimal concept art
- Strong technical ability to manage assets to fit memory, design, and frame rate limits
- Good communication skills – able to help others and ask for help when needed. Being proactive in sharing info and assets
- Great team-player attitude - being flexible with new ideas, being open to direction and changes. Listening to team mates
- Deadline oriented- being able to manage and organize work so you meet all deadlines and are able to adjust when changes happen
- Must have a relevant 3D art portfolio to apply
Nice to Have
- AAA Game Studio Experience
- Some experience in other disciplines in game development pipeline (Engineering and Animation)
Benefits & Perks
- Office is a 5-minute walk from the beach.
- Coffee, espresso, La Croix, and lots of snacks!
- Catered lunches delivered twice weekly at no cost to staff.
- Close to Third Street Promenade and downtown Santa Monica Metro Expo Line.
- Bi-weekly happy hour.
About Vertebrae Inc
ABOUT US At Vertebrae, we are building a sustainable VR ecosystem by connecting pioneering brands and agencies with leading VR creators and 360° video publishers. Our native advertising platform is built to leverage the transcendent nature of VR storytelling with a range of fully immersive and interactive ad units. We are hardware agnostic, meaning our platform works in all headsets and on web and mobile. Since our founding, we have been busy. We co-founded the IAB Tech Lab, focused on defining the standards and formats that will shape the VR advertising industry. We have built partnerships with some of the most forward-thinking brands and agencies in the world like Lionsgate, Edelman, and the Dallas Mavericks. We were chosen as one of the most promising VR/AR companies by HTC to participate in their ViveX accelerator program. Our CEO, Vince Cacace was named one of Forbes 30 Under 30 for Marketing & Advertising. We’ve exhibited or spoken at nearly every major VR/Adtech conference this year. We moved to a beautiful new office in downtown Santa Monica with enough space to host VR meetups and hackathons. There is so much more going on behind the scenes but you’ll just have to stay tuned to find out.
Want to learn more about Vertebrae Inc? Visit Vertebrae Inc's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior UI, UX Designer
Atom Tickets, Santa Monica, CA
User Experience Designer
C3.ai, Redwood City
Wire Stone - UX Lead/Strategist - Chicago
Accenture, IL - Chicago, USA
Experience Design Lead
Accenture, IL - Chicago, USA
Carrot Creative, Brooklyn, NY