Vertebrae is building a sustainable VR and AR ecosystem by connecting brands and agencies with leading creators and video publishers. Our native advertising platform is built to leverage the transcendent nature of VR storytelling with a range of fully immersive and interactive ad units.
Vertebrae is seeking Game Engineers to join our Client team. We’re looking for individuals who are skilled in Unity or Unreal game engines and are passionate about building visually stunning experiences in VR and AR. Success at Vertebrae requires strong coding and design skills, a knack for solving problems creatively, and a team-first mentality. If you are a motivated self-starter looking to build the technology powering advertising within VR and AR, Vertebrae is the place for you.
- Work within a team to design, develop, and maintain Unity/Unreal games, tools, SDKs, and experiences
- Enhance existing systems to support new requirements and features
- Provide recommendations to management to achieve strategic and operational goals
- Iterate on products rapidly in a fast-paced development environment.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders and team members to ensure proper implementation of art and animations.
What to bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, FA, or equivalent experience
- 2 years of relevant work experience, including programming experience in one or more of the following: C#, C/C++, Java, Python, Objective C
- 2 years of animation experience working on games and/or game related technology (middleware).
- Expert understanding of game design for 2D, 3D or VR games.
- At least 2 years of experience working with Unity in C# or With Unreal and C++.
- Strong knowledge of object oriented design, design patterns, 3D math, and data structures
- Expert knowledge of Unity3D Pro including Unity GUI and asset bundles and/or Unreal equivalent systems
- Strong knowledge of Unity3D and/or Unreal plugin development (native and managed)
- Comfortable with openGL or directx , knowledge of real time rendering pipeline is very helpful
- Experience with particle systems, and customizing shaders
- Experience working on the core engine of a AAA title is a plus
- Experience with game engine architecture
Please include samples (or links to samples) of your work.
About Vertebrae Inc
ABOUT US At Vertebrae, we are building a sustainable VR ecosystem by connecting pioneering brands and agencies with leading VR creators and 360° video publishers. Our native advertising platform is built to leverage the transcendent nature of VR storytelling with a range of fully immersive and interactive ad units. We are hardware agnostic, meaning our platform works in all headsets and on web and mobile. Since our founding, we have been busy. We co-founded the IAB Tech Lab, focused on defining the standards and formats that will shape the VR advertising industry. We have built partnerships with some of the most forward-thinking brands and agencies in the world like Lionsgate, Edelman, and the Dallas Mavericks. We were chosen as one of the most promising VR/AR companies by HTC to participate in their ViveX accelerator program. Our CEO, Vince Cacace was named one of Forbes 30 Under 30 for Marketing & Advertising. We’ve exhibited or spoken at nearly every major VR/Adtech conference this year. We moved to a beautiful new office in downtown Santa Monica with enough space to host VR meetups and hackathons. There is so much more going on behind the scenes but you’ll just have to stay tuned to find out.
Want to learn more about Vertebrae Inc? Visit Vertebrae Inc's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer, Front End
Rocket Lawyer, London
Front End Developer
Senior Front-end Developer
Senior Machine Learning Engineer
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Senior Software Engineer in Test
Narvar, San Francisco, CA
Full Stack Engineer - Apps
Cloudflare, Austin, TX