Backend Developer (PHP, SF, JS)
We are growing faster than ever! We are influencing more than ever! With an innovative and disruptive e-commerce product, we believe that the time has come to change the way we buy and sell luxury products.
By joining our Engineering team, you will be working with talented individuals grouped in small independent agile teams (squads) that each have strong ownership.
Our upcoming projects include the expansion of our mobile apps and the migration of our current framework to Symfony.
About the role
As a Backend Developer you’ll innovate and create web applications independently but also in collaboration with our Technical and Team Leaders, Architects, Operational Team and have a deep work connection with the Product Team.
What you’ll be doing
- Working with PHP and JS to design, develop and debug Vestiaire’s web applications.
- Migrating progressively our current plateforme to Symfony.
- Writing clean, concise and sustainable code and unit tests
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation.
Who you are
- You’ve been actively working as a Backend Developer in designing and developing large-scale web-based applications for 5+ years
- Seasoned PHP developer with strong knowledge in best development practices (SOLID, unit testing, TDD, etc.) and solid notions in some of: Symfony, Angular or Node.js. You also have expertise in integrating tools and providers into a custom platform.
- You can analyze the big picture, design enterprise services, implement and prove your code is great, because this is what you do. You code and know things ;)
- You do not need to be micromanaged; to accomplish team and company goals, you can wear multiple hats and pickup new technologies and languages.
- You have a strong business sensitivity and understand the importance of delivering values to the end-users.
- Problem solver with a strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy.
- Computer science degree or equivalent work experience
- Great knowledge how to work in an agile organization is required!
- You need to be able to defend your technical choice in English. French is a huge plus.
- Strongly desired : e-commerce experience.
What we offer
- Permanent contract based in our HQ in Paris
- Technical conferences, meetups to learn more and share more
- One week of OFF Roadmap to focus on side projects (technical debt, accelerate migration to new technology, prototypes)
- PC or Mac of your choice, it’s up to you!
- French/English lessons to upgrade your level
- Attractive salary and bonus scheme
- And…If you move to Paris for us, will take care of your relocation!
If you are ready to join our fast paced company, apply below!
Our team will review your application within the following 4 weeks. If your profile and experience fit our requirements, we will invite you for a first phone call.
About Vestiaire Collective
THE STORY Since 2009 we have grown from a French company to a global one with an ever strong Parisian DNA. Our international vestiaire is now composed of 6 million fashion savvy members present in over 50 countries in Europe, the United States and –about to be launched – Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore. To date 230 talented people are employed and spread across our offices in Paris, London, New York, Berlin, Milan and Madrid. Our model is unique due to its carefully curated catalogue of 600,000 desirable items, that once sold are expertly checked for 100% quality and authenticity. 30,000 new items are submitted by our community of sellers every week, which enables buyers to hunt amongst over 3,200 coveted and must have fashion pieces a day, ensuring that Vestiaire Collective is the go to site for an exciting unique shopping experience. Our values have built our success and made us who we are as a fast growing up company because we think collective: we work with style, with entrepreneurial spirit and with passion.