At Vestiaire Collective, we are committed to delivering the best experience for our loyal community of buyers and sellers. We are growing our team and our business into a global brand and the leaders in circularity in fashion. We want everyone we work with to be change-makers, to think differently, and to innovate without compromise.
Vestiaire Collective is looking for an Italian – French (or English) Translator to join our Creative Factory team.
About the role
Working as part of the Creative Factory - the team which creates all of Vestiaire Collective’s content - you’ll work closely with the Fashion Editor and Marketing Copywriter as a senior English-Italian translator. You’ll always make sure you follow the Tone of Voice specific to Vestiaire Collective, adapt the content to the required language, and respect the production guidelines and deadlines set by the editorial coordinator. You are the ideal candidate if you have a perfect command of both English and Italian, if you are fashion digital-friendly, and if you have an entrepreneurial spirit.
What you’ll do
- Translate Vestiaire Collective’s editorial content from English to Italian (fashion editorials, newsletters, push notifications, SRM content, interviews, campaigns, UX, products, etc.)
- Adapt the formatting and style of the text in the required language to specific targets
- Build a library of language-specific terms required
- Guarantee our specific Tone of Voice on the Italian Vestiaire Collective website
Who you are
- As a native Italian speaker, you are English/Italian bilingual. It’s a bonus if you have some understanding of French
- Your command of grammar and spelling are perfect, as is your ability to use Italian to produce content adapted to the target markets
- You have excellent fashion knowledge and are curious and comfortable with the fashion vocabulary
- You have a significant background in the e-commerce world and know all the terms required along the customer journey
- Editorial thoroughness and versatility, with minutious attention to details
- Ability to respect deadlines, including very short ones
- Baccalaureate (Leaving Certificate) and higher studies in Italian literature, journalism and translation
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in English-Italian translation and adaptation in a digital company, preferably in fashion, or in an agency responsible for a large amount of content
- Perfect command of Italian, as well as the grammatical adaptation of English-Italian content
- Autonomy, responsiveness and the ability to organize your days are essential qualities which will you have already acquired with experience
What we offer
- An exciting job on a permanent contract in office in Paris where you will be able to express your creativity and potential
- The possibility to work with a dynamic and multidisciplinary team
- Attractive salary and bonus scheme
- And…If you move to Paris for us, will take care of your relocation!
If you are ready to join our fast-paced company, apply below! Our team will review your application within the following 4 weeks. If your profile and experience fit our requirements, we will invite you for a first phone call.
About Vestiaire Collective
It all comes down to one important question: Why should so many great fashion items remain unworn in people’s wardrobes?
Vestiaire Collective is a global platform that connects millions of buyers and sellers of desirable pre-loved fashion. We are global: our headquarters are in Paris and we have satellite offices in New York City, Tourcoing, Berlin and Hong Kong.
Vestiaire Collective is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to develop an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our fashion activist community.
About Vestiaire Collective
THE STORY Since 2009 we have grown from a French company to a global one with an ever strong Parisian DNA. Our international vestiaire is now composed of 6 million fashion savvy members present in over 50 countries in Europe, the United States and –about to be launched – Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore. To date 230 talented people are employed and spread across our offices in Paris, London, New York, Berlin, Milan and Madrid. Our model is unique due to its carefully curated catalogue of 600,000 desirable items, that once sold are expertly checked for 100% quality and authenticity. 30,000 new items are submitted by our community of sellers every week, which enables buyers to hunt amongst over 3,200 coveted and must have fashion pieces a day, ensuring that Vestiaire Collective is the go to site for an exciting unique shopping experience. Our values have built our success and made us who we are as a fast growing up company because we think collective: we work with style, with entrepreneurial spirit and with passion.
Want to learn more about Vestiaire Collective? Visit Vestiaire Collective's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.