Engineering Manager - Search (F/M/D)
Vestiaire Collective, Berlin
BUY AND SELL PRE-OWNED LUXURY FASHION
Vestiaire Collective is the leading global online marketplace for desirable pre-loved fashion. Our mission is to transform the fashion industry for a more sustainable future by empowering our community to promote the circular fashion movement. Vestiaire was founded in 2009 and is headquartered in Paris with offices in London, Berlin, New York, Singapore and Hong Kong and warehouses in Tourcoing (France), Crawley (UK), Hong Kong and New York.
We currently have a diverse global team of 650 employees representing more than 50 nationalities. Our values are community, activism, transparency, dedication and greatness. We are proud to be a BCorp.
About the role
We are building a new team to face fashion search challenges. You will be part of a multicultural, innovative, versatile, supportive environment that takes work-life balance seriously. To have a data driven company is one of our priorities.
The Search team is working on delivering high quality search results from 4M+ items, for 15+ markets in 6+ languages.
You start with managing 5 engineers.
What you’ll do
Example of missions :
- Manage software engineers and applied scientists
- Mentor and coach team members
- Contribute to architectural decisions
- Work with product manager and other teams to prioritize and plan work
- Help customers to find products they would love
Who you are
- Experienced in managing high performing engineering teams
- Experienced in search engines
- A great communicator
- A problem solver
- A good engineer even though you don’t need to code (unless you want to)
Our Technology Stack includes
- Languages: Go, Python
- ElasticSearch, AWS, Kubernetes, Airflow, Snowflake, Tensorflow, Redis, Apache Spark
What we offer
- A meaningful job with an impact on the way people consume fashion and promote sustainability
- The possibility to work remotely 50% of your time
- The opportunity to do career defining work in a fast growing French-born scale up
- The possibility to work as part of a global diverse team with more than 50 nationalities
- 2 days to help Project - reinforcing your activist journey and volunteer for an association
- Significant investment in your learning and growth
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
Vestiaire Collective is an equal opportunities employer
About Vestiaire Collective
THE STORY Since 2009 we have grown from a French company to a global one with an ever strong Parisian DNA. Our international vestiaire is now composed of 6 million fashion savvy members present in over 50 countries in Europe, the United States and –about to be launched – Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore. To date 230 talented people are employed and spread across our offices in Paris, London, New York, Berlin, Milan and Madrid. Our model is unique due to its carefully curated catalogue of 600,000 desirable items, that once sold are expertly checked for 100% quality and authenticity. 30,000 new items are submitted by our community of sellers every week, which enables buyers to hunt amongst over 3,200 coveted and must have fashion pieces a day, ensuring that Vestiaire Collective is the go to site for an exciting unique shopping experience. Our values have built our success and made us who we are as a fast growing up company because we think collective: we work with style, with entrepreneurial spirit and with passion.
Want to learn more about Vestiaire Collective? Visit Vestiaire Collective's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.