Senior Backend Engineer (Golang) h/f/x
Vestiaire Collective, Paris
BUY AND SELL PRE-OWNED LUXURY FASHION
At Vestiaire Collective, we are committed to delivering the best experience for our loyal community of buyers and sellers. We are growing our team and our business into a global brand and becoming the leaders in circularity in fashion. We want everyone we work with to be change-maker, to think differently, and to innovate without compromise.
Join our talented Engineering team to work in one of our Platform streams
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will be a part of a new team based in Berlin. You will join us on a mission to transform the old monolith platform into a new microservice architecture to help us scale and serve millions of users around the world.
If you are an impact-driven person and care about clean code as much as we do, keep on reading.
What you will be doing:
- Actively contributing to all product development stages: exploration, design, implementation, test, and integration
- Continue building scalable microservices as well as writing clean, concise, and sustainable code plus tests
- Collaborating with engineering teams across the company to champion our mid- & long-term technical strategy in an agile environment
- Coaching and mentoring other team members, encouraging knowledge exchange, and driving technical discussions across the tech organization
Who you are
- At least 4 years of experience as a software developer, you choose to write code in Golang.
- Expertise in building, maintaining, and improving large-scale applications
- Strong knowledge of microservice architecture, Domain-Driven Design, and Unit testing
- Think creatively and act pragmatically when designing architecture and writing algorithms
- Following agile development methods and thrive in an international team environment
- You continuously improve codebase, systems, and processes
Our Tech Stack:
- Microservices, Golang, AWS, SQL, NoSQL, Kafka
- TDD, DDD, SOLID, DRY, KISS, and Clean Code.
What we offer
- A meaningful job with an impact on the way people consume fashion, to cut down waste because we save the planet, our way
- 15 hours to help Project - reinforce your activist journey and volunteer for an association
- The chance to join our Diversity and Inclusion Taskforce to foster a better working environment
- The possibility to work with an international team with + 40 nationalities
- Technical Conferences, meetups to learn more & share more
- French/English lessons to upgrade your level
- Cool offices in Paris XVII which offers us free yoga, boxing etc. courses!
- Attractive salary & bonus scheme
- And… if you move to Paris for us, we will take care of your relocation and visa sponsorship for you and your family
About Vestiaire Collective
It all comes down to one important question: Why should so many great fashion items remain unworn in people’s wardrobes?
Vestiaire Collective is a global platform that connects millions of buyers and sellers of desirable pre-loved fashion. We are global: our headquarters are in Paris and we have satellite offices in New York City, Tourcoing, Berlin and Hong Kong.
Vestiaire Collective is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to develop an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our fashion activist community.
About Vestiaire Collective
THE STORY Since 2009 we have grown from a French company to a global one with an ever strong Parisian DNA. Our international vestiaire is now composed of 6 million fashion savvy members present in over 50 countries in Europe, the United States and –about to be launched – Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore. To date 230 talented people are employed and spread across our offices in Paris, London, New York, Berlin, Milan and Madrid. Our model is unique due to its carefully curated catalogue of 600,000 desirable items, that once sold are expertly checked for 100% quality and authenticity. 30,000 new items are submitted by our community of sellers every week, which enables buyers to hunt amongst over 3,200 coveted and must have fashion pieces a day, ensuring that Vestiaire Collective is the go to site for an exciting unique shopping experience. Our values have built our success and made us who we are as a fast growing up company because we think collective: we work with style, with entrepreneurial spirit and with passion.
Want to learn more about Vestiaire Collective? Visit Vestiaire Collective's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one