At Vestiaire Collective, we are committed to delivering the best experience for our loyal community of buyers and sellers. We are growing our team and business into a global brand and becoming the leaders in circularity in fashion. We want everyone we work with to be change-makers, to think differently, and to innovate without compromise.
Vestiaire Collective is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join the RaaS (Resale as a Service) tribe.
The RaaS (Resale as a Service) tribe is in charge of creating the tools needed to empower brands to do second-hand. Our team are on a mission to build an ecosystem for circular fashion. This includes the outreach and promotion of second-hand from participating brands to their customer base and the authentication and pricing of their products. We leverage the years of experience that Vestiaire Collective has developed in the second-hand luxury market by interconnecting with the Vestiaire Collective platform and improving the efficiency of our operational teams. The product is already live and successful with prestigious partners and customers in luxury fashion, including MyTheresa and Alexander McQueen.
We are just getting started! We are on the verge of launching in the coming weeks with more prestigious luxury fashion partners.
Reporting to the VP of Engineering of the RaaS Tribe, you will be working with the rest of the team to design and build a performant, scalable and robust platform for the new business model that is Resale as a Service.
What you’ll do
- Working on designing, implementation and debugging of our Resale as a Service
- Actively contributing to scale our product and interconnect it with the rest of the Vestiaire Collective platform to leverage existing features.
- Writing clean, concise, maintainable, scalable and well-tested code
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation.
Who you are
- You’ve been actively working as a Senior Software Engineer in designing and developing large-scale web-based applications for 5+ years.
- Seasoned PHP/Symfony developer with strong knowledge in best development practices (SOLID, TDD, etc.) and as a big plus, but not as a requirement, solid notions in some of Typescript Node.js, Nest.js, Next.js/React and Golang. You also have expertise in integrating tools and providers into a custom platform.
- You can analyse the big picture, design and document enterprise services, implement and prove your solution is excellent.
- You do not need to be micromanaged; to accomplish team and company goals, you can wear multiple hats and quickly learn new technologies and languages.
- You have a strong business sensitivity and understand the importance of delivering values to the end-users.
- Problem solver with strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy.
- Computer science degree or equivalent work experience
- Great knowledge of how to work in an agile organisation is required!
- Strongly desired: e-commerce experience.
- Application Framework: PHP/Symfony, Node.JS/Nest.JS, Next.JS/React.JS,
- Persistence: MySQL/MariaDB, MongoDB, Memcache, RabbitMQ
- Data & Analytics: Snowflake, Snowplow, Elasticsearch, Tableau
- Tools: AWS, Docker, Swagger/OpenAPI, gRPC, Jira, Terraform, Ansible, Gitlab
What we offer
- An exciting job on a permanent contract
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- A shared office space in central London for us to meet regularly when we don’t work from home
- The possibility to work with a dynamic, international and multidisciplinary team
- An attractive salary and bonus scheme
- Mac or PC of your choice, it’s up to you!
- Technical Conferences, meetups to learn more & share more
- A health insurance for you and your family
- A generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies
- Yoga classes twice a week, on Zoom/hangout
If you are ready to join our fast-paced company, apply below! Our team will review your application within the following four weeks. If your profile and experience fit our requirements, we will invite you for a first phone call.
About Vestiaire Collective
It all comes down to one crucial question: Why should so many great fashion items remain unworn in people’s wardrobes?
Vestiaire Collective is a global platform that connects millions of buyers and sellers of desirable pre-loved fashion. We are international: our headquarters are in Paris, and we have satellite offices in New York City, London, Berlin and Hong Kong.
Vestiaire Collective is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to develop an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our fashion activist community.
About Vestiaire Collective
THE STORY Since 2009 we have grown from a French company to a global one with an ever strong Parisian DNA. Our international vestiaire is now composed of 6 million fashion savvy members present in over 50 countries in Europe, the United States and –about to be launched – Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore. To date 230 talented people are employed and spread across our offices in Paris, London, New York, Berlin, Milan and Madrid. Our model is unique due to its carefully curated catalogue of 600,000 desirable items, that once sold are expertly checked for 100% quality and authenticity. 30,000 new items are submitted by our community of sellers every week, which enables buyers to hunt amongst over 3,200 coveted and must have fashion pieces a day, ensuring that Vestiaire Collective is the go to site for an exciting unique shopping experience. Our values have built our success and made us who we are as a fast growing up company because we think collective: we work with style, with entrepreneurial spirit and with passion.
Want to learn more about Vestiaire Collective? Visit Vestiaire Collective's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.