Applied Scientist Manager - Recommendation & Personalisation
Vestiaire Collective, Berlin
BUY AND SELL PRE-OWNED LUXURY FASHION
We are an ambitious marketplace, our organisation is scaling fast and we are committed to deliver the best platform to our community. We’re a test and learn company and we are always challenging ourselves as a team : we don’t fear mistakes because we are fast learners. We are agile. We are International. We are waiting for you!
About the role
We are building a new team to face fashion search challenges. You will be part of a multicultural, innovative, versatile, supportive environment that takes work-life balance seriously. To have a data driven company is one of our priorities.
The recommendations team is working on delivering high quality recommendations from 4M+ items, for 15+ markets.
What you’ll do
- Manage applied scientists and software engineers
- Mentor and coach team members.
- Contribute to architectural decisions
- Work with product and other teams to prioritize and plan work
- Help customers to discover products they would love
What you have
- Proven track record for managing high performing applied or data scientists teams
- Great communication skills
- You are a good applied scientist.
- Loves to solve customer problems
- Experience with e-commerce recommendations
Our Technology Stack includes
- Languages: Python, Golang
- Application Framework: Airflow, Tensorflow
- Data Storage: Snowflake, Postgresql, Redis, ElasticSearch
- Tools: Gitlab, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, GraphQL
What we offer
- A meaningful job with an impact on the way people consume fashion, to cut down waste, because we save the planet, our way
- The possibility to work remotely 50% of your time
- An agile work environment: we work with PMOs
- Mac or PC of your choice, it’s up to you
- Technical Conferences, meet-ups to learn more & share more
- The opportunity to grow in a booming French-born scale up
- The possibility to work with an international team with + 40 nationalities
- 15 hours to help Project - reinforce your activist journey and volunteer for an association
- The chance to join our Diversity and Inclusion Taskforce to foster a better working environment
- Cool office with a great coffee, yoga classes (& beer after 6pm)
- A bi-weekly Town Hall to share the updates on the projects
- An attractive salary and bonus scheme with various benefits (meal vouchers, health insurance, ...)
- And if you move to Berlin for us, we will take care of your relocation and visa sponsorship for you and your family
If you are ready to join our fast-paced company, apply below! Our team will review your application within the following 3 weeks. If your profile and experience fit our requirements, we will invite you for a first phone call.
About Vestiaire Collective
THE STORY Since 2009 we have grown from a French company to a global one with an ever strong Parisian DNA. Our international vestiaire is now composed of 6 million fashion savvy members present in over 50 countries in Europe, the United States and –about to be launched – Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore. To date 230 talented people are employed and spread across our offices in Paris, London, New York, Berlin, Milan and Madrid. Our model is unique due to its carefully curated catalogue of 600,000 desirable items, that once sold are expertly checked for 100% quality and authenticity. 30,000 new items are submitted by our community of sellers every week, which enables buyers to hunt amongst over 3,200 coveted and must have fashion pieces a day, ensuring that Vestiaire Collective is the go to site for an exciting unique shopping experience. Our values have built our success and made us who we are as a fast growing up company because we think collective: we work with style, with entrepreneurial spirit and with passion.
Want to learn more about Vestiaire Collective? Visit Vestiaire Collective's website.
See jobs at Bluecore