Here’s the gist:
Vettery is fundamentally changing the way people hire and get hired. Leveraging machine learning models that track real-time data, monitor trends and predict hiring behavior, we’re able to help companies grow their teams with more accuracy, speed, and compatibility. We’re currently working with over 4,000 companies of all sizes, ranging from Fortune 500 giants to startups based out of co-working spaces.
Our engineering needs have scaled with our company’s recent growth. We’re looking to add an experienced Director of Engineering to lead a group of engineers and accelerate our product development timeline.
- Manage a team of high-performing engineers on product builds and re-releases
- Help oversee the rollout of new data science and machine learning features
- Work in concert with our CTO and Co-founders to set and execute high-level engineering strategy
- Develop strong lines of communication between Engineering and Product teams, ensuring that the right feedback gets incorporated in development conversations
- Train and mentor junior engineers, empowering them to grow and take on additional responsibilities
- Support Engineering recruiting efforts by interviewing candidates and providing input during the final decision-making process
- Above all else, you must be a bar-raiser: top flight technical skills, the ability to lead engineering groups, and a track record of success working with Product and Executive teams to push development forward
- 8+ years of combined engineering experience; ideally starting as an individual contributor writing code, then transitioning to a Manager or Lead role for at least the last 2 years
- Experience scaling engineering infrastructure at a fast-growing startup is a big plus
- From a technical standpoint, we don’t require or expect experience with all of our stack, but for your reference, we’re currently using: Python, PHP, Angular, Elasticsearch, AWS, MySQL, Apache. On the Data Science side, we're using Microservices API serving recommendations for our web app (Python, SQLAlchemy, MySQL, Flask).
- With the above said, we always encourage people of all backgrounds and experiences to apply. We understand that job listings don't always allow your unique work history to shine so we invite you to show us what you know!
- Competitive salary
- Open vacation & sick time
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Apple laptop computer
- Frequent team outings, lunches, and team building events
- A beautiful office in Union Square, recently named one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in New York City
- Lots of free food: stocked kitchen + beverages
Who is Vettery? We started Vettery because finding a job you love shouldn’t be an agonizing process. Our hiring marketplace lets you experience the job search in a better way. Employers reach out to you and you have the power to compare opportunities before choosing which you're most interested in. You're also matched up with a Talent Executive who will guide and assist you throughout your search. You're welcome to reach out to them anytime! Since launching, thousands of matches have been made on Vettery between talented candidates and top companies. We're passionate about changing the recruiting landscape and making Mondays the happiest day of the week.
Want to learn more about Vettery? Visit Vettery's website.
Jobs You May Like
Embedded Software Engineer
Desktop Metal, Main Office - Burlington
Senior Solutions Engineer
Senior Hybris Developer
Specialized, Morgan Hill
Senior Software Engineer - TV Interface Tooling
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
3D Scan Artist (Contract)
PlayStation, San Diego, CA - Sorrento Valley
Senior Product Manager, Tools and Services
Netflix, Los Gatos, California