Video Playback Engineer
Vimeo, New York, NY
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos
The Vimeo player is built to showcase the amazing content that our world-wide community of creators is making everyday. If you’re passionate around the latest video technologies, have a strong eye for product design, and are a creative thinker who can inform engineering best practices, consider joining our team. Our obsessive attention to detail in our player is apparent down to the border radius, and our player's iconic minimal aesthetic makes it special enough to spot a mile away. If you're dying to build the next viewing experiences (360, VR, etc) and take part in building a player that's second to none, we're dying to hear from you.
What you'll do:
- Within the first 30 days, you’ll understand the player serving infrastructure and will be getting to know your colleagues
- By the end of your first 3 months, you’ll have a few player releases under your belt and can use our monitoring tools to identify stability problems
- Long term, the player has a full roadmap implementing new categorization options in the player, making the Vimeo player smarter and improving the user experience. Refactor the UI rendering and data layer with the latest available technologies
- Day to day, you’ll work to improve the performance, usability, and overall experience of Vimeo’s video player writing clean and reusable code using the latest HTML5 video streaming technologies. You’ll maintain Vimeo’s video player features while building the next big thing
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Knowledge or experience with DASH, HLS and/or other HTML5 streaming technologies
- Dev experience within a dynamic web environment (Python, PHP, Node.JS, etc.)
- Experience or knowledge of Semver with a track record of good commit messages
- Strong portfolio or public code (Github, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Bachelors or Masters degree in related field
Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 60 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform and provides powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible. Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.
Vimeo is the quality, open video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun, easy, uncluttered way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. In everything we build for creators and their audiences, our goal is simple: make life worth watching.
Want to learn more about Vimeo? Visit Vimeo's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Design Engineer
Harry’s, New York, NY
Software Engineer in Test Intern - Fall
Datto, Boston, MA, Norwalk, CT, Rochester, NY
Software Engineer, Infrastructure
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Palo Alto
Group Engineering Manager
Khan Academy, Mountain View, CA
Sr. Software Engineer, Employee Experiences
Gusto, San Francisco