Vimeo, New York, NY
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos
As a Microservices / Web Services Engineer, you’ll work closely with other members of the Core Infrastructure team to lay the groundwork for a microservices infrastructure at Vimeo. You'll help to decide core architecture, components, you’ll help carve off pieces of the Vimeo application into smaller services. We serve approximately 56 PB of video a month, 912 hours uploaded per day. You’ll help to ensure the Vimeo plumbing allows our developers to move quickly while maintaining stability, availability, and usability of the current system.
What you'll do:
- In your first 30 days, you'll dive into our LAMP monolith. You'll help to plan our microservice implementation and design, and work with the rest of the team to ensure the plan is workable.
- In your first 90 days, you'll be building frameworks to make our transition to services easier. You may embed with our API, data, or product teams to help them build new services and to answer questions about the framework you’re building.
- By the end of your first year, there will be multiple services (written in Go) up and running that you were responsible for building. You’ll have worked with teams across Vimeo’s tech and product teams to ensure they are transitioning their services smoothly
- Day-to-day, you'll be using your deep knowledge of microservice architecture, Golang, service oriented architecture to plan & build core components and architecture. You’ll build the infrastructure that is used throughout Vimeo to help up us shed legacy baggage and ensure our app is performant as we iterate and evolve.
What we're expecting:
- Experience working high-throughput, high-availability, and cloud-deployed distributed applications
- Microservice implementation and design experience
- Production-level Golang and PHP programming
- SOA and service deployment
- Deep understanding of REST and how the Internet works: TCP/IP, HTTP, TLS, DNS
- Strong Linux/UNIX fundamentals
- Experience with Linux containerization technologies
- Experience with cluster managers like Mesos, Kubernetes, or Nomad
- Experience with distributed metrics systems like grafana or statsd
Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 60 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform and provides powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible. Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.
Vimeo is the quality, open video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun, easy, uncluttered way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. In everything we build for creators and their audiences, our goal is simple: make life worth watching.
Want to learn more about Vimeo? Visit https://vimeo.com/
Jobs You May Like
Full Stack Software Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Seattle, WA
IT Helpdesk Analyst
Senior Software Engineer C, C++, Objective-C
OneLogin, San Francisco HQ
Pessoa Desenvolvedora de Software Sênior
ThoughtWorks, Belo Horizonte
Data Governance Technical Lead
PlayStation, San Diego, CA