Lead Data Engineer, Creator Statistics
Vimeo, New York, NY
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos
Use your background in big data management to create tools for our stats and logging infrastructure. Help us to migrate from our co-located data-centers to Google cloud and improve the real-time aspects of the system. You’d work alongside our API and application engineering teams to lead the implementation, maintenance, and evolution of newer data-rich stats products for Vimeo users. If this sounds exciting to you, we’d like to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
- Within the first 30 days, you’ll understand our stats & logging infrastructure (Hadoop, Kafka, HBase, Scribe. Flume, MapReduce)
- Within 90 days, you’ll be making infrastructure improvements, reliability improvements, and expanding the scope of data collected. You’ll be working on a migration from metal to a Google cloud environment
- By the end of your first year, we’ll roll out our deeper video analytics for Vimeo creators, and you’ll have been the main driver of those efforts
- Day-to-day, you will help manage large, rapidly-growing logging and user stats infrastructure, code in a variety of languages and systems supported by the JDK, and help refine our engineering process as our team expands
Skills & knowledge you should possess
- Experience with large clustered data stores such as HBase, Cassandra, Riak, Couch, etc ...
- Some experience with serialization and building RPC Services (Thrift, Msgpack, Protocol Buffers)
- Expertise in Java, Scala, other functionally capable languages
- Experience with RabbitMQ, Kafka, Hadoop
Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 60 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform and provides powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible. Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.
Vimeo is the quality, open video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun, easy, uncluttered way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. In everything we build for creators and their audiences, our goal is simple: make life worth watching.
Want to learn more about Vimeo? Visit https://vimeo.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer, Growth Experiments (Web)
Evernote, Redwood City, CA
Senior Software Engineer, Open Connect Edge Accelerator
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Senior Software Engineer
CB Insights, New York
Full Stack Software Engineer
Bonobos, New York, NY
Principal Android Engineer
Tile, San Mateo, CA