Upload Engineering Internship - Summer 2018
Vimeo, New York, NY
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos
Vimeo – Upload Engineering Intern
Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 60 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform and provides powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
In the age of the nets, data and time are a hot commodity, and making small changes to how we use them makes a huge impact on our users. At Vimeo, we love designing and engineering the best video upload experience on the web. As an engineering intern on the upload infrastructure team, not only will you write code, you’ll balance your knowledge of programming with performance in order to create the fastest and most reliable uploading experience on the web, from device to data center.
What you’ll do:
- Help deliver the best uploading experience on the web
- Tune servers to handle millions of uploads
- Work with our API team to improve uploads from third parties
- Work closely with the video transcoding team to reduce the time between browser and playable content
- Write clean, portable, and well-documented code
- Grow both technically and professionally in an awesome environment with tons of development opportunities to learn and do more
What we’re seeking:
- You are familiar with one or more of these technologies: Python, Go, Java, or PHP
- You have some experience in Linux and Networking/HTTP
- You are comfortable with DevOps cloud tools (Amazon, EC2, or Google Cloud) and have some working knowledge of monitoring tools
- You have side projects or viewable public code on Github, Bitbucket, etc.
- You are currently pursuing a BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline, with an expected graduation date of 2018 or 2019
- You are well-versed in object-oriented programming (OOP)
This is a paid internship.
While we offer competitive compensation, we don't provide accommodation. Please ensure you are interested in an internship in New York City under these circumstances before applying.
Creativity and diversity are at the center of the Vimeo universe. To make sure our culture and products reflect those values, we’re committed to building an actively inclusive environment for human beings of every age, race, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, mental and physical ability, veteran status, national origin, and ancestry. At Vimeo, diverse backgrounds, refreshing perspectives, and open hearts are all welcome. If you like the sound of that, come work with us.
Vimeo is the quality, open video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun, easy, uncluttered way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. In everything we build for creators and their audiences, our goal is simple: make life worth watching.
Want to learn more about Vimeo? Visit https://vimeo.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior System Software Engineer
eero, San Francisco
Senior Software Engineer
MuleSoft, San Francisco
Senior Software Engineer - Audio Algorithms
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Customer Success Manager (Russian and English speaking)
Cloudflare, London, United Kingdom
Senior Back End Engineer - Automation
Bench, Vancouver HQ
Director Test Engineering
Fitbit, US - San Francisco