Interested in working on Internet-scale data engineering problems? Excited about using hundreds of millions of data points per day to drive data-decision making at a Top 200 website? Come join Vimeo’s Data Engineering team and help improve the hippest video site around.
The Data Engineering team at Vimeo is responsible for company-wide data infrastructure, pipelines, and processing, as well as ensuring that data flows smoothly and accurately throughout the organization.
We take pride in our work, and aren’t afraid to get our hands dirty. We work closely with Product, Marketing, Business Intelligence and Application Engineers to ensure that teams throughout the company have easy, realtime access to clean, normalized data, and help improve the experience of using Vimeo overall.
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain our current data pipelines, data warehousing, ETL processes, and logging and stats infrastructure (Hadoop, Kafka, Scala, Spark, HBase, Flume, MapReduce, etc)
- Design and implement our next-generation data infrastructure inside the Google Cloud Platform, as we migrate from physical machines in data centers. So experience with Dataflow, BigQuery and other Google data products a big plus.
- Build solutions that efficiently handle large volumes of data, while keeping up-to-date with the latest techniques relevant to mining and making decisions with that data
- Write ETL pipelines that allow for relevant data to be analyzed by members of the team as well as other teams
- Partner with product managers to refine and prioritize requirements, estimate and scope work, and time releases
- Work with engineers on other teams to integrate data solutions into the larger Vimeo ecosystem
- Write clean, modular and well-documented code, including automated tests wherever possible
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Experience building distributed systems that handle large amounts of data, with the end goal of making actionable decisions from their output.
- Mastery of python, Java, Scala and similar. Go and shell scripting strong pluses
- Solid experience with the Hadoop stack, Spark or other distributed computing frameworks
- Practical experience with production-critical batch and realtime data processing
- Comfortable interacting with SQL, NoSQL and raw log data, and large clustered data stores such as HBase, Vertica, Cassandra, Riak, etc.
- Strong familiarity with general devops/site reliability work (system debugging, monitoring, automation, maintenance, etc)
- Strong portfolio or public code (e.g. your GitHub page)
- Proficiency with data visualization and analysis, while being able to clearly explain the results of the analysis to both technical and non-technical co-workers
- Experience working with analytical databases, especially Vertica, is a big plus.
- Experience with Looker or similar BI/data modeling tools a plus
- PHP application engineering experience a plus
Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 60 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform and provides powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible. Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.
Vimeo is the quality, open video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun, easy, uncluttered way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. In everything we build for creators and their audiences, our goal is simple: make life worth watching.
Want to learn more about Vimeo? Visit https://vimeo.com/
Jobs You May Like
Spring, Krakow, Poland
Software Engineer II | Time Inc. Everywhere
Time Inc., Seattle, WA
Software Engineering Intern
Datto, Portland, OR
Software Engineer - Recommendation
Udemy, Turkey, Ankara
Special Projects Engineer
Formlabs, Somerville, MA
Software Engineering Manager
Rocket Lawyer, KRAKÓW, POLAND