Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Vimeo, New York, NY
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos
As a SDET at Vimeo, you’ll be building tooling frameworks while working with various teams at Vimeo. These teams include the Upload team, Transcode team and Player team which all fall under our video engineering umbrella. Whether it's working on improving playback, building solutions to test video ingest variability, or writing logic to help determine CDN selection, you’ll be responsible for creating tools that test and improve viewers’ video consumption experience on Vimeo.
What you'll do:
- In your first 30 days: you'll begin to understand our full flow of video delivery, i.e. upload, transcode, CDN management, and playback.
- In your first 6 months, you'll create unit tests around delivery and playback. You’ll be building custom solutions and tools for the whole video team to use.
- By the end of your first year you'll have:
- Built a full CI environment for different video services
- Created full test suites to automate the testing of playback and delivery
- Defined a chaos engineering environment for testing playback variability
- Day-to-day, you’ll be working with various teams under Vimeo video engineering umbrella to build the test frameworks and tooling used by all engineers and QA.
What we're expecting:
- Experience with CI environments such as Travis or Jenkins.
- Knowledge of testing frameworks such as Eggplant, Selenium, Karma JS or PyTest.
- Knowledge of monitoring systems such as Grafana and strategies for writing useful alerts.
- Passion for testing and delivering high quality software.
Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 60 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform and provides powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible. Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.
Vimeo is the quality, open video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun, easy, uncluttered way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. In everything we build for creators and their audiences, our goal is simple: make life worth watching.
Want to learn more about Vimeo? Visit https://vimeo.com/
Jobs You May Like
Staff Electrical Engineer
Fitbit, US - San Diego, US - San Francisco
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
SurveyMonkey, San Mateo
Yotpo, Tel Aviv-Yafo
Site Reliability Engineer (Senior/Staff/Principal)
Okta, London, UK
Full Stack Software Engineer
MuleSoft, Buenos Aires
Senior Front End Developer - Financial Services