Software Engineer, Internal Tools
Vimeo, New York, NY
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos
As an Internal Tools Software Engineer, you will be responsible for creating applications that will be used by multiple internal teams at Vimeo. You will collaborate with our Video Engineering group to develop solutions that simplify and automate different processes employed by the upload, transcode, and player teams. The ideal candidate is able to streamline workflows across a wide set of platforms by leveraging appropriate technologies and frameworks. An Internal Tools Software Engineer at Vimeo will be responsible for implementing end-to-end solutions and will have autonomy over the tools they create.
What you'll do:
- Design and develop internal tools that will help make fellow developer’s workflows more efficient
- Collaborate with teams to identify potential improvements in current systems’ architecture
- Maintain and create pipelines that automate deploy processes used across teams
- Engineer testing frameworks to help improve application stability and developer confidence
What we’re expecting:
- 2-4 years of professional experience programming with Python or Go
- Ability to communicate efficiently across teams to organize development work
- Passion for empowering and providing help to other developers when needed
- Experience with CI environments such as Travis or Jenkins
- Experience with testing frameworks such as PyTest, Karma JS, or Selenium
- Experience working with cloud platforms such as GCP or AWS in a production environment
- Solid understanding of version control systems such as Git
- Comfortable in a Linux shell and performing basic system administrative tasks
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other relevant engineering field
Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 60 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform and provides powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible. Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.
Vimeo is the quality, open video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun, easy, uncluttered way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. In everything we build for creators and their audiences, our goal is simple: make life worth watching.