Mobile Engineering Internship - Summer 2018
Vimeo, New York, NY
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos
Vimeo Mobile Engineering Internship
Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 60 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform and provides powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
Vimeo's mobile engineering team is responsible for ensuring our mobile apps continue to perform above and beyond industry standards for our users worldwide. We work tirelessly to improve Vimeo’s native app experiences. We continue to build the most innovative and ad-free online viewing experience possible. As a Vimeo mobile engineering intern, you’ll work alongside other brilliant minds to create the tools and features used everyday by hundreds of millions of people around the world. Given the crazy amount of rad stuff we’re making, we’ll rely on you to take ownership of projects and to, you know, crush them.
What you’ll do:
- Help shape the future of mobile video on iOS and/or Android
- Write clean, portable, and well-documented code in an Agile environment
- Brainstorm, architect and implement solutions to tough problems
- Work with Design and Product teams to help move projects from conception to launch
- Grow both technically and professionally in an awesome environment with tons of development opportunities to learn and do more
What we’re seeking:
- You are familiar with one or more of these technologies: Java, Android Studio, Swift, Objective-C, and Kotlin
- You have side projects or viewable public code on Github, Bitbucket, etc.
- You have a keen eye for design and pixel-perfect implementation of design into code
- You have some experience with version control (we use Github) and bug tracking (we use Jira)
- You are currently pursuing a BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline, with an expected graduation date of 2018 or 2019
- You have contributed to a published app in the Google Play Store
- You have insights into UI testing and analytics
- You are familiar with RxJava
This is a paid internship.
While we offer competitive compensation, we don't provide accommodation. Please ensure you are interested in an internship in New York City under these circumstances before applying.
Creativity and diversity are at the center of the Vimeo universe. To make sure our culture and products reflect those values, we’re committed to building an actively inclusive environment for human beings of every age, race, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, mental and physical ability, veteran status, national origin, and ancestry. At Vimeo, diverse backgrounds, refreshing perspectives, and open hearts are all welcome. If you like the sound of that, come work with us
Vimeo is the quality, open video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun, easy, uncluttered way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. In everything we build for creators and their audiences, our goal is simple: make life worth watching.
Want to learn more about Vimeo? Visit https://vimeo.com/
Jobs You May Like
Application Security Manager
Cloudflare, San Francisco, CA
Customer Help Desk Associate
Mark43, Los Angeles - Manhattan Beach Office
Backend DevOps Engineer (Java) (m/f)
Senior Data Engineer, Streaming Experimentation Platform
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Senior Mechanical Engineer, Drivetrain
SF Motors, Santa Clara
Technology Product Manager
Andela, Nairobi, Kenya