Lead RF Design Engineer (Livestream)
Vimeo, Brooklyn, NY
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos
Vimeo is a leading online video platform with more than 240 million visitors per month. We recently launched Vimeo Live and acquired the Brooklyn-based company Livestream, the leading global provider of live video solutions. With the addition of Livestream's powerful technology, Vimeo offers the most complete video workflow on the market for businesses, organizations, and professional creators.
As a Lead RF Design Engineer, you will focus on improving and optimizing wireless performance as well as architecting and designing future products in the suite for our recently launched ‘Mevo’ live streaming / live editing camera (getmevo.com). You will be joining a world-class multi-disciplinary engineering team with offices in Brooklyn (electrical and mechanical) and Ukraine (software and firmware).
You’ll be leading the design and work with electrical, mechanical, and industry design teams to optimize product performance and customer experience. You should have experience designing RF sub-system from concept to mass production. You should be self-motivated, highly organized, and passionate about RF and the underlying technologies.
What you'll do:
- Architect and design multi-radio/multi-antenna radio communication systems
- Wireless chipset and module evaluation and/or design
- Antenna specification, evaluation, and/or design
- Schematic/board level RF design, bring up, and troubleshoot
- Identify RF system issues and provide expertise to a multi-disciplinary team
- Develop test plan and oversee compliance verification with external certification labs
- Generate and maintain documentation of designs
- Overseas travel to manufacturing partner sites during board bring up and pilot runs
Skills & knowledge you'll possess:
- Experienced in MIMO and MU-MIMO designs and technologies
- Experienced in antenna design/simulation
- Familiar with 802.11ad/ax, BT5.0, and cellular 5G roadmaps
- Knowledge of software/firmware/NVRAM tuning to optimize RF link performance
- Familiar with LTE, LTE-A, LTE-U technologies
- 5 to 10 years of industry experience
- Track record of shipping successful consumer electronic products with WiFi connectivity
- In-depth knowledge of 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, BT/BLE, cellular, and other wireless technologies
- Hands-on experience with wifi, BT, and/or cellular module development and deployment
- Familiar with digital and analog modulation schemes and their trade-offs
- Experience with RF system design for high bitrate in dense and highly congested RF environment
- Expert in passive and active RF circuit design
- Transmission line design, RF board layout, antenna theory, filter design, S parameters
- PA/LNA/transceiver design and evaluation
- Familiar with RF lab equipment (oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, VNA, VSA, etc.)
- Familiar with EE CAD such as Altium and OrCAD, and RF simulation CAD tools
- Design for manufacturability
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- MS or PhD in electrical engineering with focus in RF/wireless systems
Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 60 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform and provides powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible. Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.
Vimeo is the quality, open video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun, easy, uncluttered way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. In everything we build for creators and their audiences, our goal is simple: make life worth watching.