Application Engineer, Core SaaS
Vimeo, New York, NY
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos
Are you interested in solving complex problems and building full-stack solutions to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities? Do you apply analytical thinking, pay close attention to reliability and scalability, and have an appreciation for the peace of mind that comes with well-tested, peer-reviewed, documented code? Do you seek a casual workplace that’s serious about making great products and a healthy work/life balance? If so, we're looking for you!
About the team:
The Core SaaS team is responsible for Vimeo's flagship subscription offering, which provides creators with the tools they need to create, review, and distribute their videos. We’re a team that cares about collaboration, encourages curiosity, celebrates technical excellence, and is driven by careful attention to detail and planning for the future. We believe diversity of perspective and experience are key to building great technology and believe that the best way to iterate towards success is by taking care of ourselves, our families, our users, and one another.
What you'll do:
- Build and improve workflows for video creators that combine high-quality user experience with performance and scalability
- Interface with teams across the company, from community support to design, to move projects from conception to launch, then iterate and test new features
- Grow technically and professionally in a collaborative and inclusive environment with opportunities to learn and share with others
You will be best set up to succeed if you:
- Have experience designing and implementing systems with clarity, reusability, testability, and scalability in mind
- Are able to communicate and collaborate respectfully and effectively with both technical and non-technical teams
- Pay great attention to detail–whether building a tool for reviewing videos or processing subscription payments, the details are crucial on a team entrusted with supporting the work of hundreds of thousands of professional videographers and businesses
- Have strong organizational ability and can break up projects into manageable pieces and complete them in a timely manner
- Have experience with at least one server-side programming language (PHP, Python, Go, Java, Ruby, Node, etc)
- Have experience with relational database systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc) and data modeling techniques
- Are self-aware and always willing to improve
- Have at least one year of relevant work experience
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.
Vimeo is the quality, open video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun, easy, uncluttered way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. In everything we build for creators and their audiences, our goal is simple: make life worth watching.
Want to learn more about Vimeo? Visit Vimeo's website.
Jobs You May Like
Live Oak Bank, Wilmington Headquarters
Database Engineer (Remote)
Mattermost, Greater Toronto Area
Filecoin Community Manager
Protocol Labs, Remote
Full Stack Engineer
Oscar, New York
Junior Web Entwickler (m/w/div)
Piktochart, Penang or Remote in South East Asia / Europe