Software Engineer, OTT
Vimeo, New York, NY
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos
Vimeo OTT helps video creators grow thriving video businesses, from small content creators to major media partners. Creators distribute and sell their amazing videos through our customer-branded websites and apps on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Android, and Roku. Our core technology is a React and Rails web app through which creators administer multiple video products and viewers watch and pay for videos.
We’re a team that loves to collaborate, encourages curiosity, and celebrates technical excellence. We continuously ship small improvements to help our creators. We believe diversity of perspective and experience are key to building great tech.
What you'll do:
- Join a cross-functional team where you’ll work with engineers, designers, and product managers to iterate on small, shippable features for Vimeo OTT (e.g. advertising, live video, and more).
- Improve performance, monitoring, alerting, and security for our services.
- Be an engineering leader for our team: mentor more junior engineers, collaborate on architectural decisions, and drive best practices and standards.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- You have experience shipping features by building frontend components and API endpoints.
- You prioritize shipping user value and have the agile experience to help our whole team focus on our users.
- You practice empathy while working across teams - we regularly collaborate with peers on non-technical teams
- You set an example for high-quality code and automated tests.
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.
Vimeo is the quality, open video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun, easy, uncluttered way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. In everything we build for creators and their audiences, our goal is simple: make life worth watching.
Want to learn more about Vimeo? Visit Vimeo's website.
Jobs You May Like
CloudHealth Technologies, London
Senior Automation QA Engineer
ServiceTitan, Glendale, CA
Sub Factory Assembler
Velodyne, San Jose, California, United States
Senior Manager, Label Integrations
Kobalt Music Group, London
Frontend Engineer, SF
Mixpanel, San Francisco
Product Manager - Pivotal Labs
Pivotal Software, Cambridge, Massachusetts