Sr. Front-End Engineer, OTT Applications
Vimeo, New York, NY
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos
Our Video Playback Experience team builds the over-the-top applications that serve as the front door for Vimeo OTT. This is an opportunity to develop at the forefront of video and application technology, overcoming diverse technical challenges while building beautiful interfaces.
What you'll do:
- Accompany your code with meaningful test coverage.
- Develop online video applications for Samsung TV, Xbox One, Chromecast devices
- Provide feedback on your efforts and the work of others.
- Experiment and discover innovative solutions to a range of technical problems.
- Drive towards the best video playback experience.
- Coordinate with API, QA, and product teams effectively.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 5+ years building web applications.
- Willingness to learn and experiment with new technology.
- Familiarity with modern streaming media formats (e.g. HLS, DASH).
- Experience in programming video browser-based applications.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design.
- Knowledge of OTT development.
- Coach and mentor other team members.
- Strong collaboration skills.
Vimeo is the world’s leading professional video platform and community. With over 150 million members across more than 150 countries, we help anyone grow their business by making it easy to create and market high-quality, impactful videos.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world, and is an operating business of IAC. Learn more at www.vimeo.com.
Vimeo is the quality, open video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun, easy, uncluttered way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. In everything we build for creators and their audiences, our goal is simple: make life worth watching.