We’re on the hunt for a senior creative mind and leader to join the Vimeo Creative team. In this role, you will oversee internal creatives (and the occasional freelancer) in the development and execution of everything that falls under the fuzzy label of “creative.” Which, at Vimeo, runs the gamut of product, marketing, and many, many things in between. Brand platforms, ads, strategy, films, events, social activations, long-form content, brand design, product copy and design, innovation projects, and so on.
Be aware: this isn’t a sit-back-and-manage management role. You’ll be expected to jump in, roll up sleeves, and get amongst the work — concepting, executing, producing and crafting — every day.
The perfect candidate has experience with brand thinking at the highest level, but also understands the importance of execution of the smallest detail. They have probably worked for creative agencies, or in-house creative teams. Ideally both. And for at least 6 years.
This person probably has a copywriting background, but we’re open to qualified candidates with an art direction or design background.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with our Head of Creative and Design Lead to manage and run the Vimeo Creative department.
- Directly manage creative teams and copywriters, keeping them on track and delivering on-schedule.
- Provide creative direction, mentorship and “coach up” creatives on your team and throughout the organization.
- Help define and strengthen the beloved Vimeo brand, and enable the world’s creators to tell even more amazing stories.
- Help install a creative process that allows for you and your teams to do their best work, and increase Vimeo’s brand value.
- Be involved in recruiting and hiring additional creative team members
- Regularly report on creative performance; present high-level metrics and takeaways to senior leadership.
- Collaborate daily with teams across Vimeo, including Marketing, Product, Engineering, Community, Biz Dev, and beyond.
- Be a nice human :)
If you’re applying, you should:
- Have 6-10 years of experience leading creative teams for brands in-house or at an agency. Ideally both.
- Have a bachelor’s degree, and a background in either copywriting or art direction
- Be familiar with the Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, and other digital design tools
- Maintain a healthy obsession with creating and advocating for brand identity guidelines
To apply, please send us:
- A brief, non-generic cover letter
- A great resume
- A link to your portfolio
Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 60 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform and provides powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible. Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.
Vimeo is the quality, open video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun, easy, uncluttered way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. In everything we build for creators and their audiences, our goal is simple: make life worth watching.
Want to learn more about Vimeo? Visit Vimeo's website.
Jobs You May Like
Field Marketing Manager
Marketing Assistant- Global
Hypebeast, Hong Kong
Provider Services Associate
Clover Health, Jersey City, NJ
AV / Post-Production Producer — APAC Marketing Operations
Netflix, Singapore, Singapore
Marketing Manager - China
Hypebeast, Hong Kong
Field Sales Business Development Manager - North East USA - home based - NY / NJ / PA
SAM Labs, SAM Labs USA - covering North East USA - home based - NY / NJ / PA