Director of Business Development
Vimeo, New York, NY
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos
Vimeo is looking for an experienced and creative business development leader to join our growing BD team. The Director of Business Development will be developing new strategic partnerships with top Consumer, B2B, and Enterprise tech companies. These product-driven partnerships require a strategic, consultative business development approach, primarily focused on integrating and distributing Vimeo’s products via partnerships. The ideal candidate will be able to hunt for qualified opportunities, propose innovative solutions that build long-term value for Vimeo and our partners, and effectively negotiate and close complicated deals. You will report to the SVP, Business Development, and work across various areas of the company to bring new partnerships to market as well as shaping and scaling the partnership program.
What you’ll do:
- Identify prospects, pitch new deals, create proposals, negotiate agreements and win new business
- Help develop a repeatable end-to-end partnership development process
- Work with Product and Product Marketing teams to refine Vimeo’s partner offerings (APIs, Widgets, etc.)
- Religiously analyze the performance and impact of partnership initiatives for continuous optimization
- Work with partners on promoting Vimeo’s product launches to their user base and vice versa
- Internally communicate partnerships plans and performance to align relevant partners and teams behind your initiatives
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Product Marketing, API/Engineering, Marketing, Legal, and PR teams to launch new partnerships
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience with business development in the video and/or SaaS space (ideally in both B2B and B2C)
- A proven leader and a self-starter who can independently lead both strategy and execution, gain internal consensus, and communicate effectively up and down
- Experience, expertise and/or a network in one or more the following areas: eCommerce, Website Builder/CMS, Martech, Online Marketplaces
- Demonstrated success launching and scaling partnership programs
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience working cross-functionally, rallying Product, Engineering and Marketing teams behind partnership initiatives and integrations
- Ability to understand and articulate complex technical aspects of potential technology integrations
- Willingness and ability to travel 10-20% of the time (when travel is safe)
Vimeo is the world’s leading professional video platform and community. We empower over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest brands — to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos and to reach teams, audiences and customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 650 passionate, dedicated humans. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse and global community that we serve, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders and culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.
Vimeo is the quality, open video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun, easy, uncluttered way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. In everything we build for creators and their audiences, our goal is simple: make life worth watching.
Want to learn more about Vimeo? Visit Vimeo's website.
The Leading Cognitive & Cloud Computing Company
Jobs You May Like
Expression of Interest - Design (Manila)