SEO Content Strategist
Vimeo, New York, NY
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos
Vimeo is in search of an SEO content strategist to improve organic discovery of Vimeo as a video technology solution! We’re looking for content marketers with a growth approach; growth aficionados with an editorial eye; hybrid marketing artist-scientists with a strong background in SEO and content marketing, preferably for SaaS companies.
We’re rapidly growing Vimeo’s SEO team, and are going to be experimenting — a lot! In this role, you will be a subject matter expert and own one of our main search topic areas. You’ll work with technical SEO specialists, developers, and product marketing to boost search rankings, provide a better user experience for Vimeo’s audiences, and increase organic traffic for target topics and keywords.
Who you are:
- You possess a robust understanding of SEO strategy and Google ranking factors.
- You are a gifted writer. You can rattle off 20 catchy headlines at the drop of a hat, you don’t believe in jargon, and have well-worn copy of Strunk & White on your desk.
- You understand what good writing looks like and have outstanding editing and proofreading skills.
- You have a curious mind and the ability to find what’s captivating about topics that might otherwise seem boring or complex.
- You’re driven by results and prioritize impact over perfection.
- You’re familiar with buyer personas and funnel stages, and you understand the role that content plays within a larger marketing strategy: help generate demand, capture new search traffic, and establish Vimeo as an inspiring leader in the space.
- You have a strong eye for detail in order to catch typos, grammatical lapses and the different nuances of requested topics.
What you’ll do:
- Work with offsite agency and in-house partners to identify the right keywords and develop and implement a content strategy to capture them.
- Track competitive landscape and conduct content audits to identify search trends and opportunities, with the help and guidance of our SEO specialists.
- Work with Vimeo subject matter authorities to bring new and original information and perspectives that help audiences be more successful and effective with video.
- Help make content successful by working with other teams to promote content, optimize conversion paths, and build links.
- Work with offsite freelance writers to implement content plans, delivering detailed briefs, copy-editing drafts, and providing feedback in a timely manner.
- Manage SEO content projects effectively and accurately, working with writers, designers, developers, and other partners, both in-house and offsite.
- Support special projects from an SEO perspective, including product releases and demand gen campaigns as needed.
- Be responsible for a content calendar for your topic area, producing articles and landing pages that educate and compel readers to take the next step.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Experience with Google Analytics, WordPress, and SEMRush
- Solid understanding and work experience in content writing, content marketing, and SEO keyword research
- Proven experience with editorial SEO and crafting content that ranks and converts, both written and video
- Experience editing freelance writers and writing detailed content briefs
- Analytical skills to dig into website data and track content performance
- Proven experience conducting interviews with subject matter authorities and incorporating their insights into easily digestible advice
- Knack for digging out primary sources and a comfort turning stats into truly original content
- Able to work independently
- Proactive, flexible, and hardworking teammate
Nice to have:
- Experience with B2B tech/SaaS
- Solid understanding of technical SEO (and maybe even the skills to implement some front-end changes)
- Experience writing about video technology and use cases
Vimeo is the world’s leading professional video platform and community. We empower over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest brands — to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos and to reach teams, audiences and customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 650 passionate, dedicated humans. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse and global community that we serve, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders and culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.
Vimeo is the quality, open video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun, easy, uncluttered way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. In everything we build for creators and their audiences, our goal is simple: make life worth watching.
Want to learn more about Vimeo? Visit Vimeo's website.
See jobs at Bluecore