Site Reliability Engineer
Vimeo, Bengaluru, India
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos
We are looking for Self starter, motivated and extraordinary individuals with strong communication and interpersonal skills to join our Site Reliability Engineering team that supports the database infrastructure, as well as builds and runs a platform that delivers Vimeo product/ services to all of its customers around the world.
What you’ll do:
- Gain a deep better understanding of Vimeo infrastructure and be capable of debug/troubleshoot any incidents involving any service.
- Be a self-starter who is enthusiastic, motivated, with exceptional interpersonal skills, positive and flexible approach towards problems
- Create, build and innovate technical solutions
- Build tools/services that can handle infrastructure at scale with stress on security, telemetry and monitoring.
- Be on-call for incident escalations and infrastructure task handling.
- Cultivate strong relationships, communication and collaborate with peers and across teams.
- Mentor associate team members and collaborate with them effectively.
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- B.Tech/MTech in Computer science or equivalent degree
- Ability to code in Python/Go/Ruby/PHP
- Excellent communication skills
- Application troubleshooting skills, including system, network and database
- Distributed web architecture experience
- Linux platform management skill set
- Thorough understanding of configuration management & build tools like puppet, chef, Ansible, jenkins etc.
- Good understanding of virtualization and containers.
- Experience with the cloud infrastructure/technologies and validate which one fits best for our need be it AWS or Google Cloud
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis, and software design.
- Should have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, tight deadline delivery timeline. As a part of this dynamic team, you will help us build the Vimeo experience on a global scale.
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 230 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Vimeo is the quality, open video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun, easy, uncluttered way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. In everything we build for creators and their audiences, our goal is simple: make life worth watching.
Want to learn more about Vimeo? Visit Vimeo's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one