Principal Product Manager, Live
Vimeo, New York, NY
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos
Vimeo is looking for an experienced Product Manager to fuel growth of our Live product. This role will be responsible for ensuring best user experience and market leadership of Vimeo’s livestreaming offering. The ideal candidate will be hands-on with a proven track record of delivering delightful user experiences with a non-trivial technology product.
What you’ll do:
- Find opportunities and deliver products and features that maximize retention and NPS of Vimeo Live users.
- Shape vision for Live platform, prioritize initiatives to achieve that vision and build product roadmap
- Serve as the Live product and customer champion across Vimeo -- collaborate with Marketing, Support, and other teams to learn about user problems and outline potential product solutions.
- Obsess around quality of service, measure each part of user’s experience and push forward the effort to optimize it.
- Conduct user research to better understand our customers and their needs -- includes user interviews, usability tests, customer surveys, joining sales calls, etc.
- Thoroughly analyze usage patterns to identify and validate insights, segment users and drive the roadmap -- work with Engineering to instrument features and work with BI to get relevant data.
- Work with stakeholders to spec product features outlining the business/customer needs, requirements, user stories, and success criteria.
- Work closely with design and engineering to prioritize, plan, and track development; lead rollout of new functionality to the users in partnership with Engineering and Product Marketing.
- Communicate progress and demo new features to the rest of the company.
- Observe market trends, analyze competitors, and help refine Vimeo’s focus areas.
- Manage cross-team dependencies, advocate for Live roadmap in other teams’ plans
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 4+ years of experience in SaaS product management.
- Ability to identify the most important customer problems and shape optimal product solutions
- Exceptional communication and organization skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and lead product development efforts.
- Capability of having productive conversations with engineers about technical tradeoffs in web development and architecture approaches.
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative research.
- Great UX sensibilities with a bias toward simplicity.
- Experience with video products, including live video, QoE, eCDN.
- Engineering background, experience with API products
- Experience founding and growing a startup.
- Experience working with distributed teams.
- Ukrainian/Russian speaking skills.
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Vimeo is the quality, open video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun, easy, uncluttered way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. In everything we build for creators and their audiences, our goal is simple: make life worth watching.
Want to learn more about Vimeo? Visit Vimeo's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.