Software Engineer I (Backend Engineer, India)
Vimeo, Bengaluru, India
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. We are looking for someone who will be passionate about working with big data sets and also do have the expertise to utilize these datasets to answer business questions and drive for best in class analytics, dashboard design and new innovative approaches.
What you’ll do
- Brainstorm and create new platforms which will help in our quest to make data available to users in all shapes and forms, with low latency and horizontal scalability.
- Work with internal stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Make changes to our data platform, refactoring/redesigning as needed and diagnosing any problems across the entire technical stack.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Design and develop a real-time events pipeline for Data ingestion for real-time dash-boarding.
- Develop complex and efficient functions to transform raw data sources into powerful, reliable components.
- Monitor job performances, file system/disk-space management, cluster & database connectivity, log files, management of backup/security and troubleshooting various user issues.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a Backend Engineer
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Programming/debugging skills in Java/Scala/Python
- Database Knowledge (MySQL, Oracle, Redis, Memcache, etc)
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Hands-on with Design, Coding, Debugging and Testing
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Very good in Algorithms, Data structures, and Time Complexities
- Very good knowledge of OOPS and Design patterns.
- Willingness to learn and experiment with new technology.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure is preferable.
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 230 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Vimeo is the quality, open video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun, easy, uncluttered way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. In everything we build for creators and their audiences, our goal is simple: make life worth watching.
Want to learn more about Vimeo? Visit Vimeo's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.