The Director of Events for Vimeo will draw on deep experience from the SaaS industry to build and lead the events strategy to drive demand and expansion for Vimeo’s world-class video offering for small businesses to the Enterprise. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and have extensive experience in planning and executing events that lead to MQLs and pipeline growth. In this role you will be responsible for leading a team and working cross functionally to deliver events in this ever-changing environment with a focus on innovation and continuous delivery of goals.
What you’ll do:
- Drive the event strategy aligned with the overall business objectives, product roadmap and marketing strategy.
- Inspire and lead a team of event managers and content developers to create delightful and impactful experiences across all touchpoints for pre-event, event, and post-event moments.
- Ability to develop compelling events with the right mix of storytelling, customer experiences, and by featuring our own thought leaders and product experts to drive audience interest, attendance, engagement and pipeline.
- Responsible for driving all event communications, both internal and external, and audience acquisition strategy, in partnership with the Demand Gen team.
- Manage priorities, develop effective processes, and partner with leaders across all levels to drive cross-functional event initiatives.
- Present regular event marketing analytics reports and provide thoughtful recommendations based on data-backed insights and qualitative feedback.
- 10+ years in event management leadership roles for technology focused, B2B companies
- People manager with experience growing, managing and fostering individuals to deliver on goals
- Demonstrated ability to create net new event types, based on business need
- Experience working in an integrated marketing/demand gen organization
- Positive and motivated self-starter
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity, with the ability to drive clarity for the team
- Lead and influence with executives and cross-departmentally
- Excellent budget management and project management skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual presentation skills
- Creative, collaborative, and resourceful
- Data-driven mindset focused on setting and measuring KPIs and pipeline metrics
- Working knowledge and comfort working in Salesforce, Marketo, Instapage, Wordpress, Figma a plus
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Vimeo is the quality, open video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun, easy, uncluttered way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. In everything we build for creators and their audiences, our goal is simple: make life worth watching.
Want to learn more about Vimeo? Visit Vimeo's website.
The best bed for better sleep