Sr. Engineer, Data, Enterprise Analytics
Vimeo, New York, NY
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos
Our platform has robust analytics tools that can tell video creators where people are from, where they click, and calculate how much bandwidth they have consumed—giving our customers insight into creating engaging content in the future.
While working as a peer to both technical and non-technical staff throughout the company, you will drive the improvement process of both our products and our business operations. You will help define data access and discoverability requirements and work to create infrastructure and services that provide access to event streams.
What you'll do:
- Provide technical leadership to the BI engineering team and actively lead design discussions
- Ensure adherence to coding best practices and development of reusable code
- Constantly monitor data platform and make recommendations to enhance system architecture
- Work closely with other BI engineers, BI analysts, and business stakeholders to understand and plan technical requirements for BI projects
- Provide decision analysis and decision support to business stakeholders using BI and other data
- Contribute software designs, code, tooling, testing, and operational support to a multi-terabyte BI data platform
- Collaborative work: iterative development, design and code review sessions
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 5+ years of engineering experience in a fast-paced environment; 3+ years of experience in scalable data architecture, fault-tolerant ETL, and monitoring of data quality in the cloud
- Deep understanding of distributed data processing architecture and tools such as Kafka and Spark
- Working knowledge of design patterns and coding best practices
- Experience with and understanding of data modeling concepts, techniques and best practices
- Experience with Airflow, Celery, or other Python-based task processing systems
- Proficiency in SQL
- Proficiency in Python / PySpark
- Proficiency with modern source control systems, especially Git
- Experience working with non-technical business stakeholders on technical projects
Bonus Points (Nice Skills to Have, but Not Needed):
- Relational database design
- Pandas or R
- Redshift, Vertica, Snowflake, CitusDB, or other distributed columnar-store databases
- Experience with any distributed map/reduce framework, in Hadoop or otherwise
- Basic Linux/Unix system administration skills
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of over 650 passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Vimeo is the quality, open video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun, easy, uncluttered way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. In everything we build for creators and their audiences, our goal is simple: make life worth watching.
Want to learn more about Vimeo? Visit Vimeo's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
Jobs You May Like
Director, Enterprise Applications Procure to Pay Services and ...
NBCUniversal, See List Below, Multiple Locations