Data Engineer II, Experiments and A/B testing
Vimeo, New York, NY
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos
Vimeo is searching for an experienced Python and SQL software engineer for its Business Intelligence Engineering team. This is an opportunity to design and maintain a robust, scalable and sustainable enterprise data platform with other members of the BI-Engineering team. The ideal candidate will be working on a internal data tools, especially on the A/B testing and experiments framework to help drive experimentation for product releases
Our platform has robust analytics tools that can tell video creators where people are from, where they click, and calculate how much bandwidth they have consumed—giving our customers insight into creating engaging content in the future.
While working as a peer to both technical and non-technical staff throughout the company, you will drive the improvement process of both our products and our business operations. You will help define data access and discoverability requirements and work to create infrastructure and services that provide access to event streams.
What you'll do:
- Develop data models and pipeline for the experiments framework
- Enhance the back-end of the experiments framework
- Innovate and make recommendations on improving the experiments tools
- Collaborate with other data engineers in developing internal data tools
- Ensure adherence to coding best practices and development of reusable code
- Constantly monitor data platform and make recommendations to enhance system architecture
- Work closely with other product managers, BI analysts, and business stakeholders to understand and plan technical requirements for experiments and A/B testing
- Collaborative work: iterative development, design and code review sessions
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 3+ years of engineering experience in a fast-paced environment; 3+ years of experience in scalable data architecture, fault-tolerant ETL, and monitoring of data quality in the cloud
- Working knowledge of design patterns and coding best practices
- Experience with and understanding of data modeling concepts, techniques and best practices
- Experience with Airflow, Celery, or other Python-based task processing systems
- Proficiency in SQL
- Proficiency with modern source control systems, especially Git
- Experience working with non-technical business stakeholders on technical projects
Bonus Points (Nice Skills to Have, but Not Needed):
- Relational database design
- Experience with front-end frameworks and web development, in particular Django
- Knowledge of experimentation and A/B testing concepts and tools
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Vimeo is the quality, open video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun, easy, uncluttered way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. In everything we build for creators and their audiences, our goal is simple: make life worth watching.
Want to learn more about Vimeo? Visit Vimeo's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid