Sales Development Representative
Vimeo, Boston, MA
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos
We're looking for a Sales Development Representative (SDR) who will prospect and qualify potential customers for the Vimeo Sales team, building trust and rapport that result in qualified opportunities. The Sales Development Representative is the first point of contact between prospective customers and Vimeo and will be responsible for generating and qualifying new leads. The ideal candidate has a keen eye for determining potential opportunities for new business, and can rapidly qualify, convert, and assign those opportunities. This role will be a part of a new team based in Boston that will build the process of expanding new Enterprise and OTT business for Vimeo.
What you’ll do:
- Prospect for new business, researching companies and individuals that meet criteria for prospective partnership with Vimeo
- Develop ideal customer profiles for outbound prospecting
- Qualify inbound inquiries
- Build new methods for attracting clients
- Take initiative to help marketing convert their efforts into leads for the business development team
- Work to meet and exceed monthly goals defined to maximize deal flow with outbound emails, calls, setting up meetings, etc.
- Occasionally close new business opportunities
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 1-3 years’ experience in demand development, lead generation, or sales, ideally within SaaS businesses
- Outstanding phone, prospecting, sales, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM software
- Ability to build relationships with potential customers, understand their environment, and introduce new concepts to solve problems
- Ability to build relationships with internal stakeholders, fully understand technology platform capabilities, and Vimeo’s ability to solve partner needs
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload to maximize efficiency
- Demonstrated interest in the entertainment, online video or technology industries
- Represent the company and our products with a high degree of professionalism
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 230 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Vimeo is the quality, open video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun, easy, uncluttered way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. In everything we build for creators and their audiences, our goal is simple: make life worth watching.
Want to learn more about Vimeo? Visit Vimeo's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.