Software Engineer II, Player Tools
Vimeo, New York, NY
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos
The Vimeo player is built to showcase the amazing content that our world-wide community of creators is making everyday and the Player Tools team is responsible for allowing content creators and businesses to configure their video viewing experiences in the most immersive and captivating manner possible. If you’re passionate around the latest video and web technologies, have a strong eye for product design, and are a creative thinker who can inform engineering best practices, consider joining our team. If you're dying to help build one of the most utilized video playback applications on the web, we're dying to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
- Be part of a world class group of engineers who build Vimeo’s video playback features and tooling
- Work closely with Product management to develop and improve the Vimeo creator and viewer experience across any and all devices
- Build and improve tools for video creators that combine high-quality user experience with performance and scalability
- Evaluate and test new player customizations and interactivity features
- Build SDKS to support player interactivity and customizations for use in both on and off site playback experiences
- Optimize the data pipeline between creator tools and player
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with large scale web application development
- Experience working on the server side (PHP, Python, Java, Go, NodeJs, etc.)
- Experience working with Restful APIs
- Passion around continuous education, research, and development around the latest video and web technologies
- A strong eye for product design and interactivity, and unwavering attention to detail
- Top notch communication skills (written and verbal)
Bonus points (nice skills to have, but not needed):
- A proven history of making data driven decisions
- Experience developing solutions using technology like RPC, gRPC, JSON-RPC, Protobuf, Kafka
- Strong portfolio or public code (Github, Bitbucket, etc.)
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Vimeo is the quality, open video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun, easy, uncluttered way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. In everything we build for creators and their audiences, our goal is simple: make life worth watching.
Want to learn more about Vimeo? Visit Vimeo's website.
File hosting service