Customer Support Manager
Vimeo, New York, NY
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos
Vimeo’s Customer Support team is searching for a hardworking, passionate, and analytical Manager to oversee our Platform Support efforts. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a passion for inspiring others to do their best work through clarity of processes and execution.
Our advanced platform and passionate customers are matched by an equally remarkable Support team who provide expert assistance on topics like video playback, compression, uploading, embedding, distribution, and using our apps.
This role will report directly to the Director of Self Serve Support, and will help guide and oversee Vimeo’s Core Platform Support operations – with focus on coordinating support efforts across the globe, leading our US team of escalations specialists, and collaborating closely with key partners across the company to ensure the highest quality support.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure high quality, timely responses to Platform support-related tickets handled by our globally-distributed team
- Advocate for our customers and our team in Platform-related Product and Engineering meetings, partnering with key cross-functional peers to optimize processes for efficiency and impact
- Ensure standardization of Platform support knowledge across our distributed team by establishing documentation, processes, and workflows
- Directly manage and mentor a local team of 3 Technical Support Specialists who are responsible for:
- Tackling escalated cases about creator tools, video delivery, our apps, and special Vimeo Core features
- Responding to users in a prompt and professional manner
- Vetting and ticketing bugs reported by users and staff
- Deftly handle escalations from support team members, as well as internal escalations from other teams
- Collaborate closely with other managers to develop clear and consistent ways to easily report on impact, both in terms of feedback about our products but also our ability to support users
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 4+ years in a support/customer service role
- Expert technical troubleshooting skills
- Experience managing and/or mentoring others
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience and interest designing processes, procedures, and communication strategies
- Exceptional interpersonal (i.e., diplomacy) skills
- Experience using a bug tracking system and ticketing technical issues
- Experience with Zendesk or other ticketing systems a plus
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Vimeo is the quality, open video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun, easy, uncluttered way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. In everything we build for creators and their audiences, our goal is simple: make life worth watching.
Want to learn more about Vimeo? Visit Vimeo's website.
File hosting service