Principal Engineer, Core Services
Vimeo, New York, NY
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos
We’re a small team that cares about collaboration, encourages curiosity, celebrates technical excellence, and is driven by careful attention to detail and planning for the future. We believe diversity of perspective and experience are key to building great technology and believe that the best way to iterate towards success is by taking care of ourselves, our families, our users, and one another.
What you’ll do:
- Design, iterate, and maintain core frameworks written in PHP
- Sculpt the architectural vision for significant parts of our stack to allow for rapid iteration and long term stability
- Work closely with other engineers across teams to make large-scale changes to the platform enabling significant improvements to reliability, scalability, and performance
- Work closely with our Design and Product teams to move projects from conception to launch
- Can design and implement systems with clarity, reusability, testability, and scalability in mind
- Expert proficiency in backend web development in PHP
- An intimate knowledge of relational database systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc) and data modeling techniques
- Capable of writing tests for complex systems to ensure continued and measurable stability
- Can collaborate respectfully and effectively with both technical and non-technical teams
- Organized and have the ability to break up projects into manageable pieces and complete them with limited compromises by the established deadline
- Have a good eye for details; you catch bugs frequently and can provide meaningful feedback on the technical complexity of visual designs
- Experience mentoring members of your teams through architectural guidance and code reviews
- Experience working with Restful APIs
- Experience working in high-throughput environments
- Experience with Cloud Services and Kubernetes
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 230 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Vimeo is the quality, open video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun, easy, uncluttered way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. In everything we build for creators and their audiences, our goal is simple: make life worth watching.
Want to learn more about Vimeo? Visit Vimeo's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.