Vimeo, New York, NY
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos
We are looking for a Manager, Accounting, to join our Global Accounting team in New York to support Vimeo’s growth by ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting and a strong and sustainable internal control environment. Your primary responsibilities include managing, reviewing, and ensuring the integrity of the financial statements for the company’s operations. You will be a key member of the accounting team working closely with the Sr. Manager, Accounting as well as collaborating with internal business partners across the company, including Treasury, Marketing, Hosting and Legal to promote and support standard methodologies and drive new initiatives.
What you'll do:
- Oversee and coordinate month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations, and flux analyses
- Provide strategic and day-to-day management of general accounting function, working directly with the Sr. Manager of Accounting
- Analyze actual results against forecast, prior quarters and prior years and provide succinct variance explanations to support the monthly financial results meeting
- Develop processes/systems to drive efficiencies and measure, evaluate, and improve departmental and individual productivity
- Maintain and enhance SOX appropriate control environment by adhering to requirements, updating documentation, and providing recommendations as appropriate.
- Optimize the capabilities of the accounting organization by assessing talent and coaching and mentoring team members, and by developing the most effective team structure.
- Apply technical accounting expertise to ensure compliance with and efficient application of U.S. GAAP
- Familiarity with lease accounting under ASC 842
- Respond to interim review and year-end audit requests from internal and external auditors as part of the financial reporting process
- Perform ad hoc reporting and other analyses, as requested
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 10+ years of related industry experience in a Corporate Accounting or General Ledger Accounting role with 3+ years leading, managing, and developing teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA required
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Knowledge of SOX requirements and internal control standard methodologies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain collaborative work relationships at all levels within the company
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Work well in a multi-cultural environment and is sensitive to diversity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite/G-Suite; must be highly proficient in Excel
- Prior experience with Oracle Cloud (GL, FCCS, EPBCS), BlackLine, and LeaseQuery experience a plus
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 230 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Vimeo is the quality, open video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun, easy, uncluttered way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. In everything we build for creators and their audiences, our goal is simple: make life worth watching.
Want to learn more about Vimeo? Visit Vimeo's website.
File hosting service