Revenue Accounting Manager
Vimeo, New York, NY
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos
Vimeo is looking for an Accounting Manager specializing in Revenue to join the Accounting team in New York, supporting Vimeo’s growth by ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting and a strong and sustainable internal control environment.
You will specialize in global revenue recognition and serve as a key manager to design, implement and maintain revenue processes and controls. You will also oversee and coordinate source data reports, third party reporting, and cash transactions impacting revenue reporting. The Manager of Revenue Accounting will collaborate closely with many of Vimeo’s teams, including Sales, Sales Operations, BI & Analytics, Product & Engineering and Transactions. Additionally, you’ll be reviewing monthly journal entries and reconciliations as part of the monthly financial close process, including the analysis of accounts receivable and related allowance for credit losses and deferred revenue. You will also play a large role in the sales commissions and referral partner accounting process, eventually aiding in the implementation of one or more automated solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Review and document complex customer contracts to ensure consistent application of revenue recognition policies in accordance with U.S. GAAP, specifically ASC 606, Revenue Recognition
- Review revenue and deferred revenue journal entries and related reconciliations as part of the monthly financial close process, ensuring reconciling items are properly documented and establishing processes to prevent further occurrences
- Analyze actual revenue results against forecast, prior quarters and prior years and provide succinct variance explanations to support the monthly financial results meeting
- Analyze the allowance for credit losses and apply company policy for allowance provisions and write offs
- Monitor sales team requests and assess appropriateness under ASC 606, suggesting contract adjustments to optimize revenue recognition accounting processes
- Partner with the Sales Operations team to ensure revenue-affecting data points are properly reflected in Salesforce in real time
- Work closely with product and analytics teams on business changes and new revenue products to ensure proper revenue recognition
- Lead efforts to implement a new billing system and integrated revenue recognition software
- Respond to interim review and year-end audit requests from internal and external auditors, as needed
- Assist with calculation and accounting for sales commissions, eventually aiding in the implementation of an automated commission solution
- Assist with accounting related to our Referral Partner Program
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 6+ years of experience in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with at least 3 years of revenue accounting experience (606 Revenue Recognition) at a publicly traded company
- Experience accounting for sales commissions under ASC606
- BS Degree in Accounting and CPA required
- Well-versed in revenue contracts review, identifying and prioritizing issues that may impact revenue recognition, independently assessing solutions, and thinking critically and creatively
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel (Advanced, Pivot Tables, Vlookups, Conditional formulas), particularly in navigating detailed system-generated source reports, downloading and manipulating large amounts of data
- Salesforce experience a plus
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills, with high attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment, collaborating with individuals across a broad range of operational, functional and technical disciplines
- Ability to recommend and implement changes to improve processes and mitigate risk
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 230 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Vimeo is the quality, open video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun, easy, uncluttered way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. In everything we build for creators and their audiences, our goal is simple: make life worth watching.
Want to learn more about Vimeo? Visit Vimeo's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.