Sr. Software Engineer, OTT (Automation)
Vimeo, New York, NY OR US-Remote
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos
Vimeo OTT is forming a new team to establish and scale engineering solutions around automation pipelines for thousands of applications. Your goal will be to develop robust and flexible pipelines to support ever-growing automation needs. Your work will span backend services that power browser extensions that automate store submission.
We are looking for versatile software engineers who are process-driven and have great architecture skills and a deep understanding of tooling to satisfy various automation needs. As the first engineer on a newly-formed team, ideal candidates will have built automation around application stores like Google Play, coded server-side applications, and are familiar with OTT development. Candidates should also be detail-oriented and ready to collaborate enthusiastically within an agile team.
Vimeo OTT helps video creators grow thriving video businesses, from small content creators to major media partners. Creators distribute and sell their videos through our branded websites and apps on iPhone, Android, and more. We’re a team that loves to collaborate, encourages curiosity, and upholds technical excellence. We believe diversity of perspective and experience are key to building great tech.
What you'll do:
- Write automation pipeline for more than 8 application platforms (iOS, Android, Roku, and more) that configures, builds, and submits thousands of applications.
- Accompany your code with meaningful test coverage.
- Aim towards goals, such as scalability and maintainability of the pipeline.
- Provide feedback on your efforts and the work of others.
- Participate in the hiring process.
- Experiment and discover solutions to a range of technical problems.
- Drive towards the best possible automation.
- Coordinate with application teams effectively.
What we’re expecting:
- 4+ years building server-side solutions.
- Expert in modern Ruby development.
- Familiarity with other scripting languages like Python.
- Can program complex systems with many moving parts.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree or experience
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 230 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Vimeo is the quality, open video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun, easy, uncluttered way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. In everything we build for creators and their audiences, our goal is simple: make life worth watching.
Want to learn more about Vimeo? Visit Vimeo's website.
The best bed for better sleep
Tech Jobs For You
Software Engineer, Bankrate Mortgages
Red Ventures, Remote or Charlotte, NC or Detroit, MI or Austin, TX or P...