Software Engineer II, User Safety
Vimeo, New York, NY or US - Remote
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos
At Vimeo, we love designing and engineering tools that combine power with ease of use. As an engineer in the User Safety team your mission will be to empower our team of moderators to find and dispatch spammers, scammers, hackers and exploiters by supplying and improving the tools at their disposal.
Our team cares about collaboration, encourages curiosity, celebrates technical excellence, and is driven by careful attention to detail and planning for the future. We believe diversity of perspective and experience are key to building great technology and believe that the best way to iterate towards success is by taking care of ourselves, our families, our users, and one another.
What you'll do:
- Design, develop, and improve components, interfaces, and tools for team members and users with a specific focus on moderation and user security.
- Grow technically and professionally in a collaborative and inclusive environment with opportunities to learn and share with others.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- A strong background in programming for the web with established relevant experience
- Experience working server side with one or more technologies (PHP, Python, Java, Go, NodeJS, etc.)
- A working competency in MySQL or similar RDBMS platform.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate respectfully and effectively with both technical and non-technical teams
- Highly motivated self-starter. Operates with a sense of urgency and values accountability
Bonus points (nice skills to have, but not needed):
- Full stack dev experience within a dynamic web environment
- Programming experience in PHP
- Strong portfolio or public code (Github, Bitbucket, etc.)
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 230 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Vimeo is the quality, open video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun, easy, uncluttered way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. In everything we build for creators and their audiences, our goal is simple: make life worth watching.
Want to learn more about Vimeo? Visit Vimeo's website.
The best bed for better sleep