Specialist II - Software Safety Engineer
Virgin Hyperloop, Los Angeles
We give people the time of their lives. We are Virgin Hyperloop.
To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
Support with Software Assurance activities and Safety analyses according to the System Safety Engineering lifecycle to build world’s first hyperloop.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Participate in a portfolio of engineering developments and providing assurance of engineering activities on safety-related and safety-critical systems/products
- Support the build-up of system/product safety cases by providing all required software safety and software assurance evidences.
- Work in a highly agile environment with multi-disciplinary teams consisting of engineers, applied scientists to make transportation safer, cheaper and better
- Collaborate with the internal Engineering, Procurement, Quality, Certification & Regulatory Compliance teams, and external vendors, advisors, customers, investors as required
- Develop safety targets and safety requirements
- Execute hazard analyses to support identification of safety requirements in accordance with business standards and program/product objectives
- Provide assurance that the software, through design, development, verification and validation process, meets the Safety targets
- Act as a conduit to the software team to provide guidance and help the team members to improve their capabilities and readiness to developing highly regulated software applications
- Act as an independent member of the RAMS Engineering team to validate safety-related and safety-critical system software
- As needed, planned team tasks and provide oversight of other engineers with limited supervision from the line manager
- Document and communicate results of technical data generated to internal and external customers
- Comply with Virgin Hyperloop occupational health and safety rules whether in the office or on project sites
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- Considered as an engineering expert in the field of safety-critical software, with strong analytical skills, naturally organized and disciplined, with attention to details
- Experience in software safety standards, such as CENELEC 50128, DO-178, ISO 26262 as well as exposure to MISRA C/C++ and PLC programming
- Exposure to ARP 4754, ARP 4761 or equivalent standards such as CENELEC 50126
- At least 5 years of experience in verifying, validating or certifying high-regulated software systems in the rail, aviation, automotive, medical or other safety regulated industries
- Embedded programming language skills: understand C/C++ particularly for use in embedded applications
- Understand the use of defensive software techniques and associated development process for development of safety-critical software.
- Experience working on baremetal, RTOS or embedded OS for deployment embedded or real-time hardware
- Understand and can adapt processes associated to regulated software development (from traditional development methodology to Agile methodology)
- Understand software development methodologies – configuration management, source code management (e.g. GIT), CI/CD, static/dynamic code analysis, software unit testing/integration frameworks
- Worked as a team player with strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic about the success of the RAMS Engineering team and VH
- Graduated in computer science or related field
NICE TO HAVE
- MS and/or PhD in computer science or a related field
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP
- Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more
- Your Wellbeing: flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of paid parental leave
About Virgin Hyperloop
Time is precious. We’re dedicating ours to this purpose. We give people the time of their lives. We are Virgin Hyperloop.
Working at Virgin Hyperloop means collaborating with some of the most brilliant, creative, and hard-working people we have ever met. We innovate, test, and build the future we want to see – in years not decades. We understand that time away from work can spark out of the box solutions, and we support families with flexible work schedules and paid family leave. If you thrive on challenge, collaboration, and the boundless potential of a start-up environment, then we encourage you to apply.
Want to learn more about Virgin Hyperloop? Visit Virgin Hyperloop's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.